Ingredients for making red fish soup
- Salmon (fresh ridge) 500 grams
- 3-4 potatoes
- Onion 1 piece
- 1-2 carrots
- Purified water 2.5 liters
- Parsley or dill to taste
- Salt to taste
- Black peppercorns to taste
- Laurel leaf 1 piece or to taste
- Mix of spices for fish soup to taste (composition: coriander, allspice, dried onions, basil, thyme, dried carrots, rosemary)
- Main Ingredients: Salmon, Potato, Onion, Carrot, Greens
- Portion 8-9
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), stove, slotted spoon, bowl, measuring cup (for water), ladle, deep plate.
Cooking red fish soup:
Step 1: prepare vegetables and herbs.
First of all, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel all the vegetables indicated in the recipe and wash them with greens under trickles of cold running water. Then we dry everything with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a chopping board and chop. Potatoes in large slices 2-2.5 centimeters in size.
Onions in small cubes the size of 1 centimeter.
We chop the carrots either with rings, half rings or quarters with a thickness of 5-6 millimeters.
Finely chop the parsley or dill and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook the vegetables.
We send the chopped vegetables into a deep pan, fill them with the right amount of purified water and put on medium heat. Season everything to taste with salt and cook after boiling 15-20 minutesuntil almost complete readiness.
Step 3: prepare the fish and other ingredients.
In the meantime, we take the Far Eastern or Norwegian salmon ridge, carefully wash it under trickles of cold water and dry it with paper towels. After that, we send it to a clean cutting board and with a new knife we divide it into portioned pieces 5-6 mm wide.
This is best done in the direction of the costal bones, that is, across, and not along. We move the cutting into a separate dish, put the remaining ingredients on the countertop, which will be needed to prepare the fish soup, and see how the vegetables are doing there.
Step 4: bring the dish to full readiness.
In 15 minutes carrots, onions and potatoes will be almost ready, add to them slices of salmon ridge, peas, bay leaves and cook still 10 minutes over low heat, periodically removing a gray-white foam - curled protein from the surface of the bubbling liquid with a slotted spoon.
Then pour the chopped greens into the pan, as well as a mixture of spices for the fish soup and stand the almost cooked soup on the stove for more 2-3 minutes. Then we cover it with a lid so that there are no gaps, turn off the stove and insist on a fragrant dish 10-12 minutes. After that, using a ladle, pour the dish in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve the red fish ear.
After cooking, red fish ear is infused for a while under a covered lid. Then it is poured in portions on deep plates and served for dinner as the first main course. Along with this wonderful meal, they put on the table garlic, squeezed through boiling water and squeezed through boiling water, sliced from fresh vegetables, a plate with fragrant herbs and, of course, fresh bread. Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often, 2 minutes before full readiness, the ear is flavored with 30 grams of vodka, it is believed that this makes it tastier. But in fact, this ingredient is added only if the dish is cooked from river fish or little things untreated from the insides, for example, gobies, crucians. Vodka removes the aroma, taste of tina and acts as an antioxidant. As for the hot coal from the log, it is placed in the ear for the same purposes, as well as to neutralize the bitterness from the bile of small fish;
- the recipe contains a classic set of spices, it can be varied to taste, adding any others that are suitable for fish dishes;
- an alternative to salmon ridges - other parts of any red fish, for example, heads, whole carcass or fillet;
- if desired, after cooking, the salmon ridge can be removed from the pan, remove the meat from it, and then send pieces of fish pulp back to the soup along with herbs and a mixture of spices for fish soup.