Ingredients for Cooking Ginger Couscous
- Couscous (groats) 500 grams
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ginger (ground) 1 teaspoon
- Clean water as needed
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 6 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Deep bowl, Teaspoon, Fork, Grater, Small bowl, Plate, Stewpan, Lid, Tablespoon, Large flat dish
Cooking ginger couscous:
Step 1: prepare the couscous.
Couscous does not require preliminary preparation, just pour the cereal into a deep bowl and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the ginger.
Then, using a teaspoon, remove the skin from a piece of ginger. Rub the root on a fine grater into the bowl.
Step 3: prepare the water.
After we turn on the stove to a strong level and put on it a full stewpan of clean water. Add salt to the boiled water to taste and let the salt grains dissolve.
Step 4: steam the couscous.
Then we put chopped ginger in a bowl with couscous and mix it with grits with a fork until a homogeneous consistency. Pour couscous with salted boiling water.
Cover the bowl with a lid and steam the cereal for 10 minutes.
After the required time has passed, remove the lid from the bowl and mix the couscous with a fork so that the consistency of the cereal becomes more loose. After shifting the aromatic side dish to a large flat dish and tasting ahead.
Step 5: serve the couscous with ginger.
Couscous with ginger is served hot, as a side dish for meat, fish or vegetable dishes. Very often, before serving, porridge from this cereal is seasoned with butter or vegetable oils, fresh herbs or pickled vegetables. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- Couscous can be prepared in another way. After the water in the stewpan boils, add salt to taste to it and pour in the cereal mixed with chopped ginger. Reduce the temperature of the stove to a small level, cover the stewpan with a lid and cook the couscous for 2 to 3 minutes. Then turn off the stove, insist the cereal for another 3 to 4 minutes and then proceed according to the recipe: loosen the finished porridge with a fork, transfer to a dish, season and serve as desired.
- In the boiled water, you can add any spices that are suitable for cooking meat, fish or vegetable dishes. The set of spices depends on which dish you will serve couscous with.
- Instead of water, you can use meat, fish or vegetable broth.