Ingredients for making a cocktail salad
- Sea cocktail (peeled mussels, shrimps, squids, scallops) frozen 1 kilogram
- Lettuce 200-250 grams
- Large sweet pepper 1 piece
- Crimean or white onion large size 1 piece
- Garlic medium sized 1-2 cloves
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- 1 medium lemon
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper mixture to taste
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Squid, Mussels and Scallops, Salad
- Serving 5 servings
Large bowl, cutting board, kitchen knife, salad bowl or portioned plates, colander, stove, frying pan, lid for the pan, wooden spatula, garlic squeezer, saucer, plate - 2 pieces, juicer, tablespoon
Making a cocktail salad:
Step 1: prepare the garlic.
We spread the garlic on a cutting board and, using the tip of a knife, slightly press down. Then with clean hands we remove the husk and rinse the cloves under running water.
Now with the help of a garlic squeezer, grind the components directly on a flat surface and immediately pour the garlic into a free saucer.
Step 2: prepare the lemon.
To prepare the salad, we need not the lemon itself, but only its juice. Therefore, we wash the citrus under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we cut the component into two parts and, using the juicer, squeeze the juice from each part.
Step 3: prepare the onions.
With a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running water. Then put the component on a cutting board and cut into two or four parts. Grind each piece across thin half rings or strips and pour into a free plate.
Step 4: prepare lettuce leaves.
We carefully wash each lettuce leaf under running warm water to remove possible sand and dirt. Then put the greens in a colander and leave aside so that excess liquid from the glass.
Step 5: prepare the bell peppers.
Sweet pepper well washed under running warm water and put on a cutting board. Using a knife, remove the tail and seeds. Now we cut the vegetable into two parts and chop each one into thin strips. Shredded pepper is transferred to a clean plate.
Step 6: prepare a sea cocktail.
Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the pan and put on medium heat. When the contents in the container warms up well, slightly tighten the burner and put the frozen sea cocktail here. All the while stirring with a wooden spatula, bring the seafood to a boil. Attention: enough liquid should appear in the pan. Immediately after that, close the container with a lid and simmer the components for 10-15 minutes. Do not forget from time to time to stir the sea cocktail with improvised equipment so that it does not burn at the base.
Next, remove the lid and, if necessary, carefully drain the excess liquid. Turn off the burner, and add chopped garlic, soy sauce, and salt and a mixture of ground peppers to the pan. We mix everything well with a wooden spatula and let the seafood reach room temperature and soak in aromas and juice of spices.
Step 7: prepare a cocktail salad.
In a large bowl we spread lettuce leaves (if desired, they can be torn in small pieces with clean hands), strips of sweet pepper, chopped onion, and a cooled sea cocktail. Important: if sauce is left in the pan after frying, be sure to pour it into the general container. At the end, pour the ingredients with freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix well with a tablespoon until smooth. Everything, the salad is ready!
Step 8: serve a cocktail salad.
Pour the finished dish of sea cocktail with a tablespoon from a bowl into a salad bowl or lay out portionwise on plates. We serve to the dining table such a fragrant and unforgettable taste mix with slices of white bread and always with a glass of dry white wine.
- if desired, salad can be sprinkled with a small amount of fried sesame before serving;
- if you decide to cook a dish of fresh seafood, purchased separately, then you should know a few nuances. It is better to cook all the components in turn, and at the end combine them, since the frying time will now vary. For example, king prawns must be cooked for 10-12 minutes until golden pink. But before they must be cleaned of the shell and head. Fresh mussels and squid rings are fried for only 5 minutes. But the scallops are cooked until light goldenness forms on their surface on both sides. Then you need to add chopped garlic and soy sauce into the pan, mix everything well, cover the container with a lid and simmer the seafood over low heat for 10 minutes. At the end, turn off the burner, add the remaining components and taste the salt and ground pepper mixture to taste. Mixing everything thoroughly and letting it cool, add a sea cocktail to the salad and serve it to the dining table;
- Before you add a dish, be sure to taste it, as it includes soy sauce.