Ingredients for cooking eggplant, fan-baked
- Eggplant 1-2 pieces (one large or two medium with a total weight of 500 grams)
- Smoked ham (pork) 200 grams
- Mozzarella cheese 300 grams
- Tomato 2 pieces
- Garlic 4-5 pieces
- Dried basil 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Olive oil 4-5 tablespoons
- Salt (rock) to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Pork, Eggplant, Tomato, Cheese
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A teaspoon, a tablespoon, paper kitchen towels, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, a deep colander, a bowl, a table fork, a garlic press, an oven, a heat-resistant glass baking dish, a kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, a serving plate .
Cooking eggplant baked in a fan:
Step 1: prepare the eggplant.
To begin with, we wash one large or a couple of medium eggplants under cold running water and dry them with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Then we put them on a cutting board, we cut each one in half with a sharp kitchen knife, but not until the end, and after that each part divide by 3-4 layers, so that their thickness does not exceed 5-6 millimeters.
Sprinkle the eggplant fans on all sides with coarse rock salt, send them into a deep colander, put it in the sink and leave it on 30-35 minutesfor which most of their inherent bitterness will come off vegetables.
Step 2: prepare tomatoes, cheese and ham.
We don’t lose a minute, we wash the tomatoes, dry them, remove at each place where the stalk was attached, and grind it with rings or layers up to 1 centimeter thick. Mozzarella cheese and smoked pork ham are also shredded, although slices can be made larger if desired.
Step 3: prepare the garlic-oil mixture.
Now peel the garlic cloves and squeeze them through a special press into a small bowl. Pour dried basil there, a little black pepper and a pinch of salt. Shake these ingredients with a table fork until a homogeneous consistency and while we put the resulting garlic-oil mixture aside, it will come in handy a little later. Also at this time we turn on and preheat the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius.
Step 4: stuff the eggplant.
When the eggplants are infused, rinse them again and dry them. Then we stuff the vegetables with prepared cheese, tomatoes and ham.
For example, laying out on each layer 2-3 pieces of these products.
After that, we move the fans into a small non-stick metal, and preferably a glass, heat-resistant baking dish.
Pour the previously prepared garlic mixture and proceed to the almost final step.
Step 5: prepare the eggplant, baked in the oven with a fan.
We check the temperature of the oven and, if it has warmed up, we put in it a still raw dish on an average rack. Bake stuffed eggplant until cooked, medium 30-40, and large 40-50 minutes. Then we pull the kitchen gloves in our hands, rearrange the form with the fans on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and let the aromatic food cool slightly. Then, using two kitchen shovels, we lay eggplant in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 6: serve the eggplant baked in the oven with a fan.
Eggplant, baked in the oven with a fan, after cooling it is cooled a little, then distributed in portions on plates, each dill, dill, parsley or cilantro are decorated with fresh herbs and served as a main course for lunch or dinner. As a complement to this yummy, you can offer several types of sauce, for example, sour cream, cream or tomato. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- sometimes instead of dried basil, fresh leaves are used, only 4-5 pieces are needed, but before that they should be washed, chopped and grated with ground garlic and oil. Well, if desired, this fragrant plant perfectly replaces dill, parsley or cilantro;
- the stuffing products indicated in the recipe are not essential, instead of "Mozzarella" you can take any hard or processed cheese, ham is ideally replaced with smoked bacon, chicken, bacon, ordinary pieces of boiled or baked meat of any kind, and any alternative to olive oil - any another vegetable. You can also add zucchini or zucchini sliced in thin layers, rings of sweet salad pepper or you can’t use meat at all and make this dish completely vegetarian, filling eggplant fans with only vegetables and cheese;
- if the eggplant is too dense, the fan breaks up and the filling falls out of it, reassemble it and tie it together in the thickened part with a strong baking thread, which after baking is easy to remove with ordinary kitchen scissors;
- there is no small glass heat-resistant or non-stick baking dish? We are not upset! We just make thick two or three-layer baskets from aluminum foil, put them into each stuffed eggplant and bake them;
- some housewives, in addition to black pepper, use any spices suitable for vegetable dishes: hyssop, savory, sage, paprika and others.