Ingredients for Salad with Pickles
- Fresh chicken breast 1 piece (raw weight 750 grams)
- Fresh champignons 1 kilogram
- Pickled cucumbers 1 can (weight with marinade 500 grams)
- Cream 200 milliliters
- Egg yolk mayonnaise to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water as needed
- Main ingredients: Cucumber, Chicken, Mushrooms
- Portion 8-9
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 3 pieces, paper kitchen towels, cutting board - 3 pieces, stove, frying pan, wooden kitchen shovel, deep pan (capacity 2 liters), slotted spoon, bowl - 2 pieces, deep bowl, tablespoon, salad bowl or serving plate.
Cooking Salad with Pickles:
Step 1: prepare the chicken fillet.
Such a salad will take its rightful place on the festive or everyday table and will be appreciated by all lovers of pickles. But first, let’s take care of the chicken. So, we wash it under trickles of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and use a sharp kitchen knife to cut off the film from it, a thin layer of fat, and also remove the cartilage.
Step 2: cook the chicken.
Now we transfer the meat to a deep saucepan, fill it with purified water, so that it is 5-6 centimeters higher than the level of this product, slightly add salt and put on medium heat. After boiling, using a slotted spoon, remove the gray-white foam - curdled protein from the bubbling liquid, and cook the fillet until fully cooked for 20-25 minutes. Then we move it into a small bowl and completely cool near the ajar window.
Step 3: prepare the mushrooms.
While the chicken is being cooked and cools, with the help of a clean knife we rid each mushroom of roots. After this, the mushrooms are washed, dried, put on a cutting board and chopped with layers or their quarters with a thickness of up to 1 centimeter.
Step 4: fry the mushrooms.
Next, put the pan on medium heat and pour a little vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, dip the chopped mushrooms into the preheated fat and fry them until cooked, constantly stirring with a wooden kitchen spatula. After about a minute they will start to produce juice, then they will be stewed in it. 10-11 minutes and then fry again 5-6. As a result, this process will take no more 15-16 minutes and instead of one kilogram of champignons, only 400-420 grams will remain. As soon as they are browned, we shift the pieces of the mushrooms into a separate clean dish and allow to cool completely to room temperature.
Step 5: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
In the meantime, helping ourselves with the canned food key, we open a jar of pickles. We catch green beauties from there and dry them with paper kitchen towels. Then we proceed on the basis of our own desire, that is, cut off the thick skin from vegetables or leave it whole on the pulp. Then put the cucumbers on a cutting board and grind them into cubes, rings, half rings, straws, quarters, or as you like. Then we put the rest of the necessary ingredients on the countertop and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 6: bring the salad to full readiness.
On a clean board, cut the cooled chicken fillet into small pieces, move them into a deep bowl and add the fried mushrooms, pickles, the right amount of not-so-rich cream and fresh mayonnaise cooked on yolks.
We season everything to taste with black pepper and salt, not forgetting that the last spice was used during cooking and it is now advisable not to overdo it. After that, mix all the components of the salad with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency and serve it either immediately or after an hour of infusion in the refrigerator.
Step 7: serve the pickled salad.
Salad with pickles is always tasty and satisfying. Sometimes, after cooking, some hostesses let him stand in the refrigerator for a while to better soak, while others serve immediately. If desired, before serving this fragrant dish can be decorated with sprigs of fresh greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or green onions. Such food can be either an appetizer or a full main course for lunch or dinner. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- if the cucumbers are too acidic, then reduce their number to taste;
- Do not like too hot black pepper, but prefer that the dish is still spicy, then use fragrant, it is not so baking, but more fragrant;
- an alternative to vegetable oil - cream, champignons - any fresh edible mushrooms, and boiled chicken - sausages, as well as boiled, fried or baked meat, such as pork, beef, turkey or veal;
- mushrooms can be slightly boiled in salted water and then slightly fried;
- some housewives use only mayonnaise or cream or sour cream, and sometimes, before adding one of these products to the salad, season it with garlic squeezed through a press;
- Do you want the salad to be more satisfying? Put in it a pair of hard-boiled eggs, chopped on a coarse grater of hard cheese or a little boiled rice or potatoes. Each of these products will add its own pleasant taste.