Ingredients for making pumpkin biscuit
- Raw pumpkin peeled 300-400 grams
- Sugar 150 grams
- Small mandarin 2 pieces
- Wheat flour 170 grams
- Shelled walnuts 70 grams
- 2 eggs
- Salt 1 pinch
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- Vanilla Sugar 1 sachet
- Vanilla essence 1-2 drops
- Butter 50 grams
- Main ingredients: Pumpkin, Flour
- Serving 7 servings
Inventory:Juicer, Fine grater, Saucer - 2 pieces, Cutting board, Knife, Medium bowl - 2 pieces, Plate, Tablespoon, Bowl - 2 pieces, Coarse grater, Hand whisk or mixer, Small bowl, Oven, Bakeware, Kitchen gloves , Flat serving dish, Food wrap, Strainer
Cooking pumpkin biscuit:
Step 1: prepare the tangerine.
We wash the mandarin well under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a fine grater, rub the peel of citrus directly into a free saucer.
Now cut it with a knife into two halves and squeeze the juice out of each using a juicer.
Step 2: prepare the pumpkin.
We wash the pumpkin under running water and, if necessary, remove the peel with a knife. Using a coarse grater, we rub the vegetable directly into a free medium bowl.
Step 3: prepare the walnuts.
We lay the walnuts on a cutting board, use a knife to cut into small pieces and transfer to a free plate.
Step 4: prepare the butter.
We spread the butter on a cutting board and use a knife to cut into small pieces. After that, transfer the oil to a clean saucer and set aside.
Step 5: prepare the eggs.
Using a knife, carefully break the egg shell, and pour the protein and yolk into different clean bowls. We set the egg yolk aside, as it will be useful to us in the near future. And we wrap the container with protein with cling film and put it in the refrigerator to cool.
Step 6: prepare the flour.
In order for the biscuit to turn out airy and tender, it is necessary to properly process the flour. To do this, pour it in small portions into a sieve and sift it directly into a free bowl. During this time, the flour will be saturated with oxygen from the air, and the dough will turn out without lumps.
Step 7: prepare the egg whites.
We take out the cooled egg whites from the refrigerator, free the bowl from the cling film and pour into a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt to the container and, using a mixer or a hand whisk, beat everything until a homogeneous, lush mass with peaks forms.
Step 8: prepare the dough for pumpkin biscuit.
In a bowl with flour, add sugar, a baking powder for the dough, slices of butter and, using a knife, chop the last ingredient until we get a uniform chip. Immediately after that, add the orange zest and freshly squeezed juice to the test mixture. Again, mix everything well, but with the help of a tablespoon. Then add chopped walnuts, vanilla sugar, vanilla essence and egg yolks to the bowl. We continue to mix everything until smooth. At the end, add pumpkin shavings to the dough, mix everything thoroughly, and then gently introduce whipped proteins in small portions.
Step 9: Cook the Pumpkin Biscuit
We shift the finished dough into a baking dish. Preheat oven to temperature 180 ° C and set the biscuit to cook for 30-40 minutes until a golden crust appears on the baking surface. After the allotted time has passed, turn off the oven and, using kitchen taps, remove the baking dish from the oven and set aside. Let the dish cool slightly.
Step 10: serve the pumpkin biscuit.
After the pumpkin biscuit is warm, transfer it to a serving dish, sprinkle with powdered sugar on request and rush to treat the household with a dessert along with tea or coffee. Despite the fact that many do not like pumpkin, the cake is wonderful and very tasty. And what a flavor, well, it’s just impossible to resist! Help yourself!
- Instead of mandarin, you can add one large orange to the dough. To do this, we carry out the same process with it as with the first citrus.
- For a more expressive taste, pumpkin biscuit can be soaked in sweet icing. To do this, in a separate container we breed 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar with two tablespoons of cold purified water. Mix everything thoroughly until smooth. And when the baking has cooled a little, grease the surface with glaze. After that we set aside the biscuit for some time to the side so that it is saturated, and we can serve it to the dessert table.
- In addition to walnuts, you can add any other nuts to your taste in the dough. For example, it can be peanuts, almonds or hazelnuts.
- Before serving, pumpkin biscuit is sometimes decorated with whipped cream or melted chocolate.