Ingredients for Making Sour Cream Jam Pie
- 2 eggs
- Sugar 1 cup
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Wheat flour 2 cups
- Jam (any, but pitted) 1 cup
- Soda 1 teaspoon
- Butter as needed to lubricate the mold
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Sour Cream, Flour, Sugar
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
A baking dish, two deep plates, a mixer, hot pots, a tablespoon, an oven, a toothpick.
Cooking a pie with jam on sour cream:
Step 1: knead the dough.
First put a tablespoon of jam in a plate and cover it with soda, mix well. Leave it for a while to let the reaction go.
In the meantime, soda with jam is infused, prepare the rest of the dough. To do this, break the eggs into a clean deep plate and add sugar to them. Shake the mass with a mixer until it turns into a white and sufficiently thick foam. Pour in the same sour cream and whisk again. Now gradually, in portions, begin to stir in the flour to avoid the formation of unnecessary lumps. When you achieve a homogeneous mass and all the ingredients dissolve and mix, add jam and soda to the dough. Stir well again.
Step 2: bake the cake.
Set the oven to warm up 180 degrees Celsius. And, since we need to bake the pie only in a preheated oven, you can manage to get ready. Smear the baking dish with butter, not forgetting the edges. Pour the dough and flatten it slightly. When the oven reaches the desired temperature, send a piece of cake for it to 30-45 minutes depending on the size of your form. You need to check the readiness with a toothpick, just pierce it with a pie, and if it is dry at the outlet, then everything is ready, otherwise continue to bake. Take the finished product out of the oven, using hot pot holders, but do not rush to serve. Wait until it cools down a little at room temperature, only after that the cake can be removed from the mold and begin serving.
Step 3: serve the pie with jam on sour cream.
Serve the finished and slightly cooled pie with jam on sour cream as a dessert or for an afternoon snack. From above, for greater sweetness, you can also pour jam on the treat or sprinkle with powdered sugar. In any case, it will turn out very tasty and appetizing. Do not forget to serve hot drinks or just warm milk to the pie.
Enjoy your meal!
- It also turns out to be a delicious pie if you replace kefir with sour cream. So here it most likely depends on what you currently have at hand.
- It is best to use fresh baking soda, as the pie on sour cream is a bit moody and may simply not rise if you use a long-opened and well-worn ingredient.
- From a given amount of ingredients, you can also bake two cakes in order to make later, for example, a cake. But in this case, the cooking time can be reduced by almost half.
- Also, the cooking time should be reduced if you use a very large baking dish.