Ingredients for Making Sweet Croutons
- White bread 1 loaf
- Egg 4 pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- Honey 1 tablespoon
- Ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil as required for frying
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Milk, Bread, Honey
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, flat dish, frying pan, deep plate, whisk, metal spatula.
Making sweet croutons:
Step 1: chop the bread.
White bread for making croutons needs to be cut into thin slices. If the resulting pieces seem too big for you, then they can be divided into halves, for example, diagonally, then the finished croutons will be in the form of triangles, which the kids will surely like.
Step 2: prepare the egg mass.
Break eggs into a deep plate, pour milk into the same place, add ground cinnamon and salt. Using a broom, thoroughly mix all the ingredients together, turning them into a homogeneous mass. It is best to even beat the mass until a white foam forms on its surface.
Step 3: fry the sweet croutons.
Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a pan. At this time, dip each piece of bread in the egg-milk mixture, slightly press down with your fingers so that each slice is completely immersed in the liquid. After that, fry the bread in a pan until an appetizing golden crust is formed on each side. Ready croutons can be served immediately after cooking, but even slightly cooled they will not lose their taste.
Step 4: serve sweet croutons.
Sweet croutons can be decorated with thin slices of fruit, for example, bananas, apples, pears or berries, for example, strawberries, blueberries and others. Enjoy a sweet and delicious breakfast, which also saved you time. Very good croutons are combined with warm milk, hot tea or strong coffee.
Enjoy your meal!
- For the preparation of croutons, you can use any white bread, whether it is a sliced loaf or a French baguette.
- Sweet croutons can be served with any suitable topping, for example, with jam or caramel syrup.
- So that the prepared croutons have a delicate creamy aftertaste, immediately after frying, put a slice of butter on each of them.