Ingredients for making croutons with milk
- Wheat Bread 200 grams
- 1 cup pasteurized whole milk
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Butter 3-4 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Milk, Bread, Sugar
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
A tablespoon, a kitchen knife, a cutting board, a bowl, a table fork, a glass (capacity of 240 milliliters), a stove, a frying pan, a spatula, paper kitchen towels, a large flat dish or portion plate.
Preparation of croutons with milk:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, we choose bread, both white and black are suitable, but it is desirable that it is not very fresh, it can be said to be slightly dry, it will not crumble during heat treatment. We put the roll on a cutting board and cut 5-6 slices from it no more than at least one centimeter thick, their total weight will be about 200-220 grams.
Next, with the back of the kitchen knife we beat a chicken egg and send the yolk and protein to a clean deep dish. Beat them with a whisk or a table fork until light splendor for about 20-30 seconds. Then add milk, sugar to the resulting mass and shake everything again until a homogeneous consistency without grains. After that, we lay out the remaining products on the countertop, as well as the equipment that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 2: prepare croutons with milk.
We put the pan on a small fire and put in it a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil. While it is warming up, with the help of a table fork, dip the first batch of bread in the milk-egg mixture.
Literally a minute later we spread it in hot fat and cook on both sides 2-3 minutes each to a golden or beige-brown crust.
When the croutons are lightly browned, we transfer them to a paper towel, previously spread out on the countertop, and leave it on it to absorb the excess fat.
At this time, add a little more oil to the pan, let it melt, warm up and fry the remaining pieces of bread in the same way. Once the dish is ready, you can start tasting!
Step 3: serve croutons with milk.
Croutons with milk - a wonderful dessert in a hurry. After cooking, warm tidbits of fried bread are spread on a large flat dish or distributed in portions on plates and served on the table with any sweet additions, for example, condensed milk, whipped cream, sugar sour cream, fruit or berry syrups, ice cream balls, honey, jam, icing sugar, jam, cream or whatever you like.
Savoring this yummy is pleasant with hot, only certified or cold drinks: tea, coffee, chocolate, cocoa, cappuccino, kefir, yogurt or warm milk. Cook with love and enjoy homemade food!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of whole pasteurized milk, you can use fresh only from under the cow, but in this case, you must first boil it, cool to room temperature and only then mix with the egg;
- Do you want to cook spicy croutons? Then, instead of sugar, add salt and some spices or dried herbs. Such bread will be the perfect breakfast, afternoon snack or dinner, especially if you add it with a paste or sausage, cheese or meat slices;
- very often vanilla sugar, cinnamon, fruit or berry essences are added to the sweet milk-egg mixture, and garlic, onions or fine melted hard cheese crushed through a press are pressed into a spicy press;
- an alternative to butter - margarine with a minimum water content and maximum fat;
- some housewives spread the sliced bread in a non-stick or heat-resistant form, greased with a thin layer of butter, pour it with an egg-milk mixture and bake in an oven preheated to 190-200 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes or until the croutons are browned on top.