Ingredients for making puff pastry with cottage cheese
- Puff pastry (yeast-free) 500 grams
- Fat cottage cheese 9% (not liquid) 500 grams
- Sugar 5 tablespoons (no slide)
- Salt pinch
- Vanilla Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- Butter 20 grams
- Wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Puff Pastry, Sugar
- Serving 8-10
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, oven, non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish (diameter 26-27 centimeters), fine mesh sieve, deep bowl, tablespoon, teaspoon, rolling pin, metal kitchen spatula, baking brush, deep bowl, kitchen potholders, wide kitchen spatula, large flat dish or portioned plate.
Cooking puff pastry with cottage cheese:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, in about 30-40 minutes, although it is possible and 1 hour before the start of cooking, we lay on the countertop a package of puff pastry. It’s very careful, of course, if it works out, we expand the semi-finished flour product in full and leave it at room temperature to melt. Then we turn on the oven for heating at 200 degrees Celsius and grease the bottom, as well as the inside of the sides of a round non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish with a thin layer of butter.
Then with the help of a sieve with a fine mesh, wipe in a deep bowl the desired amount of non-liquid, better loose fat curd. Add salt to it, as well as two types of sugar: ordinary sand and vanilla. We drive a couple of eggs there and mix everything up to a uniform consistency. The filling for the pie should turn out to be half-thick, it should never leak. The remaining egg is sent to a small bowl, beat with a table fork until light splendor and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: form a layer cake with cottage cheese.
After some time, when the dough is completely thawed, put it on a countertop previously crushed with flour and divide it into 2 equal parts with a metal kitchen spatula. Each of them, in turn, with the help of a rolling pin, is rolled into a square or round layer, so that the area of the semi-finished product increased by 2.5, or preferably 3 times. If desired, the base can be made very thin, from this the cake will turn out to be less high, but rather layered and, of course, more delicious.
After that, we distribute half the curd filling on the surface of one of the dough pieces, leaving 2 centimeters of free space on each edge, and roll it into a dense roll. Now, holding it with palms from both ends, we turn the resulting product into a bundle, resembling a rope in shape, and very carefully move it to the middle of the prepared form, folding it with a snail.
We do the same with the remaining dough and filling, dock the end of the second roll with the first and continue to lay it in a spiral in the form of a ring pie. Then, using a baking brush, grease it with a previously beaten egg, pierce it with fork teeth in several places and move on.
Step 3: bake a layer cake with cottage cheese.
If the oven has warmed up to the desired temperature, put a still raw dessert on the middle rack. Bake it for 45-50 minutesbut it’s better to start monitoring its readiness through 35 minutes, puff pastry is of different quality.
As soon as the cake is covered with a ruddy beige-brown crust, we pull the kitchen potholders on our hands and rearrange the form with the fragrant smelling product on a cutting board previously laid on the countertop. We give the baking to cool completely to room temperature, then pry it with a wide kitchen spatula, move it onto a tray or a large flat dish and serve it on the table.
Step 4: serve a layer cake with cottage cheese.
Puff pie with cottage cheese is served at room temperature as a dessert. Serve it on a tray, a large flat dish or immediately in portions on plates.
As an addition to this yummy, you can offer icing sugar, whipped cream, sour cream, jam, jam, favorite cream, condensed milk, melted chocolate, a couple of balls of ice cream and, of course, tea or any other drink to taste. Cook with love and enjoy homemade food!
Enjoy your meal!
- if the filling is too thick, add another chicken egg to it, if it is very liquid, then pour a couple tablespoons of semolina into the curd mass and let the mixture stand for 15-20 minutes so that the cereal swells;
- optionally, you can add raisins, candied fruits, dried fruits, dried berries or fresh fruits to the filling, but the latter should be soaked in warm water for 20-30 minutes before use to become softer, then dried with paper towels and only then put in curd mixture;
- you do not have a large baking dish? Then make a pie on a baking sheet covered with baking or parchment paper;
- the cottage cheese is too dry and fat-free, but you still want to make a pie? It doesn’t matter - add a couple of tablespoons of sour cream or cream to this product.