Ingredients for making jellied cake on sour cream
- Sour cream with a fat content of 15% 5 tablespoons
- Wheat flour 150 grams
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- Baking soda 0.5 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh dill 10 branches
- White cabbage 500 grams
- Refined vegetable oil for greasing a baking dish
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Sour Cream, Flour
- Serving 8 servings
Teaspoon, tablespoon, baking dish, oven, cutting board, kitchen knife, kitchen gloves, blender, plate, medium bowl, deep bowl, sieve, small bowl, hand whisk, deep bowl, pastry brush, serving dish, wooden shoulder blade
Cooking jellied cake on sour cream:
Step 1: prepare sour cream for the dough.
Pour sour cream into a deep bowl and immediately pour baking soda here. Using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until smooth. Soda will react with sour cream, and thanks to this, the dough will turn out airy and tender.
Step 2: prepare the eggs.
Using a knife, break the eggshell, and pour the yolks with squirrels into a deep bowl. Pour it here 1 teaspoon of salt and, using a hand whisk, beat everything thoroughly until smooth.
Step 3: prepare the flour.
An important process is the sifting of flour. The thing is that it is thanks to this action that the component is saturated with oxygen and gets rid of excess lumps. Therefore, the dough is tender and airy. Pour the flour into a sieve and sift it over a dry small bowl.
Step 4: prepare the dough for the pie.
Pour the sour cream into a bowl with beaten eggs and again thoroughly mix everything with a hand whisk.
Next, in small portions, we begin to pour the sifted flour, without ceasing to beat. Do it for 1 minutesso that the dough turns out homogeneous and without lumps. In general, by consistency, it should come out liquidy, like on pancakes.
Step 5: prepare the dill.
We wash the dill under running water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and immediately pour it into a free plate.
Step 6: prepare the cabbage.
We wash the cabbage well under running warm water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, chop the vegetable into small pieces and immediately move them into the deep bowl of the blender.
Shred the component at medium speed to a state of fine chips. At the end, pour the cabbage into a medium bowl and proceed to the preparation of the pie.
Step 7: prepare the jellied cake on sour cream.
In a bowl with slaw, add finely chopped dill, as well as salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Using a tablespoon or clean hands, thoroughly mix the ingredients until smooth.
Then, using a pastry brush, grease the bottom and walls of the baking dish with a small amount of vegetable oil. Now put the vegetable filling here, and fill it with dough on top. At the end, level the surface of the cake with a tablespoon and turn on the oven. By the way, if desired, baking can be sprinkled with a small amount of sesame seeds.
When it warms up to temperature 190 degrees, put the capacity at an average level and detect 40 minutes. Toward the end, the baking surface should be covered with a golden brown crust. This will be a signal that the cake is ready and you can turn off the oven.
With the help of kitchen gloves, we get the form out and put it aside for a while. Let the dish cool slightly.
Step 8: serve the jellied cake on sour cream.
When the cake becomes warm, cut it with a knife in portioned pieces and move the wooden spatula from the mold onto a large flat plate. Serve pastries at the dinner table along with hot tea or coffee as a snack. The cake is not only very tasty, but also fragrant. It is very gentle and light, so it can easily meet the needs of breakfast or afternoon tea.
Bon appetit to all!
- to prepare the dough instead of baking soda, you can use 1 teaspoon with a hill of baking powder;
- if you use young cabbage for the filling, then you can even chop it on a cutting board with a knife. If on the contrary - later varieties of vegetables, then it is best to use a microwave. Just put chopped cabbage in a refractory dish and put there for 5 minutes. Then mix the component and see how soft it became. If necessary, extend the time for 5 minutes. Who does not have a microwave, do not be discouraged, because there are other ways to prepare old cabbage. For example, it can be slightly fried in a pan with a small amount of vegetable oil. Or put the shredded vegetable in a colander and put in hot water in a bowl. Let it blanch somewhere 2-3 minutes. After we squeeze the vegetable and begin to cook the filling;
- For the test, try to use premium wheat flour, fine grinding and a proven brand. It is also best to sift the component at least two times;
- In addition to cabbage, you can add fried sausages, boiled chicken and other stewed vegetables (for example, zucchini, bell peppers and even potatoes) to the filling.