Steaming ingredients for cooking fish in a slow cooker
- Salmon 600 grams
- Lemon 1/2 pieces
- Mix of frozen vegetables (broccoli) to taste and desire
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water 3 multi-glasses
- Main Ingredients: Salmon, Broccoli, Garlic
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
A crock-pot with a steaming bowl, a multi-glass, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen potholders, a silicone kitchen spatula, a serving plate.
Steaming fish in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
For this simple dish, any kind of boneless or ordinary fish is suitable, in my version of salmon fillet, you choose the one that you like best. First, we wash the fish under trickles of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and divide it with the sharp kitchen knife into the desired number of servings, it is better to cut a small piece into 2-3 parts. Then we grate the salmon to taste with salt, black pepper, squeeze the juice from it out of half a lemon, transfer to a clean bowl and leave to marinate at room temperature for 12-15 minutes.
It will be tastier if you cook fish with vegetables, any fresh or frozen ones are suitable, I had a little broccoli covered with a thin layer of ice and a couple of cloves of garlic were lying in the refrigerator, which I peeled, rinsed, dried and chopped thin plates. When all the ingredients are ready, proceed to the next, in principle, almost final step.
Step 2: steam the fish in a slow cooker.
We move the multicooker with a Teflon bowl onto the countertop, into which we immediately pour the right amount of purified water, install a double boiler on it and insert the plug of the kitchen appliance into the outlet.
Then we spread slices of pickled salmon in the steam compartment, distribute broccoli on its sides, crush the fish with garlic and, if desired, put a little lemon zest on it. After that, we cover the miracle technique with a tight-fitting lid and set the mode to the luminous display "Steam cooking" for 30 minutesas indicated in the instructions. I think that 20 minutes will also be enough, although it is worth considering the duration of heating the water, if the cold is poured, then the dish will take longer to prepare, if the hot from the kettle is correspondingly less, but the optimal option is still half an hour. Then click the button "Start" and we’re going to do other important things.
After the required time has passed, the multicooker will shut down and turn off, notifying you of the corresponding sound signal. Very carefully lift the lid and for 2-3 minutes letting out hot steam. Then, using a silicone or wooden kitchen spatula, we distribute the finished fish with vegetables in portions on plates and immediately present it to the table.
Step 3: serve the fish in a slow cooker for a couple.
Steamed fish in a slow cooker turns out to be very tasty and aromatic, especially if marinated and cooked with vegetables. This miracle is served immediately in hot portions on plates as a main second course for breakfast, lunch or dinner. As a complement to such a meal, you can offer a light, unobtrusive side dish, for example, boiled rice, mashed potatoes, salads from fresh vegetables, marinades, pickles or just a piece of bread, and any kind of sour-spicy sauce will refresh such a fish. Cook with love and be healthy!
Enjoy your meal!
- if desired, the fish can be aged in another favorite marinade, a good option is soy, mustard, sour cream;
- the recipe uses the simplest, one might say, classic spices, but they are not essential, supplement the list with any spices or dried herbs that are suitable for fish dishes;
- as already mentioned above, a fish can be cooked with any frozen or raw vegetables, mushrooms, green beans, onions, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, cauliflower, potatoes are suitable, although you can do without these excesses, it all depends on your taste;
- this dish was made in a Philips cooker 18, with a bowl volume of 4.5 liters, a power of 670 W and a maximum temperature of the device in the Baking mode - 180 degrees Celsius, but the recipe is also suitable for other devices of this type.