Ingredients for making a cranberry pie in a slow cooker
- Chicken eggs 3 pieces
- Sour cream 200 grams
- Baking powder for dough 1 teaspoon
- Lingonberry in syrup 5-6 tablespoons
- Sugar 150 grams
- Wheat flour 250 grams
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Icing sugar 2-3 tablespoons (for decoration)
- Main Ingredients Lingonberry, Sponge Cake
- Serving 10 Servings
Slow cooker, teaspoon, tablespoon, deep bowl, mixer, strainer, medium bowl, toothpick, steaming tray, flat serving dish, strainer, kitchen knife
Cooking a pie with lingonberries in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the flour mixture.
Pour flour with baking powder into a sieve and sift over a medium bowl. This process will saturate the first component with oxygen, which will help the test become more airy and tender. In addition, we will get rid of excess lumps, which is also important.
Step 2: prepare the egg-sugar mixture.
Using a knife, break the eggshell, and pour the yolks with squirrels into a deep bowl. Pour sugar here and, using a mixer, beat the components at high speed until a thick, light foam is formed.
Step 3: prepare the dough for the pie.
Pour the flour mixture in small portions into a container with egg-sugar mass. In parallel, beat everything with a mixer at medium speed. We do this until we get a uniform thick dough.
Step 4: prepare a pie with lingonberries in a slow cooker.
Lubricate the bottom and walls of the multicooker pan with a small piece of butter. Next, pour the dough here, and after a uniform layer, spread the lingonberries in syrup, leveling it with a tablespoon. Turn on baking mode and bake the dish for 65 minutes under a tightly closed lid. After the allotted time has passed, the corresponding signal will sound. As soon as this happens, we are in no hurry to get the pastries out of the multicooker, but check it for the degree of readiness. To do this, open the lid of the appliance and pierce the dough in several places with a toothpick. If the wooden stick remains dry and without lumps of dough, then the cake is ready and you can get it. If not, then close the multicooker lid and extend the time for 7-10 minutes. But usually this does not happen, so don’t worry.
At the end, we take out the pastries using the steam tray and immediately transfer them to a special flat serving plate. Let the dish become warm. To do this, forget about its existence (no matter how difficult) and leave aside.
Step 5: serve the lingonberry pie in the multicooker.
Warm lingonberry pie is served at the dining table with tea or coffee, after cutting it in portions. Baking is very tasty and tender. By the way, if you have a desire, then you can sprinkle the cake with icing sugar. To do this, pour it into a small strainer and sift it directly above the baking dish.
- for such baking, you can use fresh instead of lingonberries in syrup. In this case, be sure to rinse it in advance under running warm water and let it dry completely. Next, lay the berries in a deep bowl and cover with a few tablespoons of sugar. Let the lingonberries stand on the sidelines and let the juice run for a while. Only after that we can start cooking the pie. So it will turn out much juicier and more aromatic;
- to prepare the dough instead of the baking powder, you can use a special baking powder or baking soda (1 teaspoon) slaked with table vinegar;
- if you use frozen lingonberries, then be sure to let it reach room temperature in advance. To do this, simply pour it into a small bowl and leave it aside. Important: do not speed up the process with a microwave, because after defrosting the berries can greatly lose their structure;
- For a good air dough, try to use premium wheat flour and fine grinding. Try to purchase the component from trusted manufacturers, otherwise the cake may simply not rise and be raw inside.