Ingredients for Making Scrambled Eggs with Spinach
- Spinach (young) 250 grams
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Refined vegetable oil 50 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Spinach, Eggs
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Colander, kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, deep plate, whisk, deep Teflon frying pan with lid, wooden kitchen spatula with teeth, stove, large flat dish or portioned plate.
Cooking fried eggs with spinach:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
This recipe is considered an American classic, it is so flexible that when replacing some products it completely changes the taste, as well as the aroma, but more on that later in the tips, and now let's start the process. First of all, we sort out a bunch of young spinach, removing damaged leaves, as well as any kind of rubbish. Then we throw off the greens into a colander, carefully rinse under the trickles of cold running water and leave it in the sink for a while, so that the glass has excess liquid.
We don’t lose a minute, with a kitchen knife we peel the cloves of garlic, rinse them, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and chop them with thin plates or pieces of arbitrary shape in size and thickness from 4 to 6 millimeters.
Then we drive chicken eggs into a deep plate, add a little salt, black pepper to them and shake everything with a whisk until lightly splendid. Do not whisk for a long time, we don’t cook an omelet, it’s enough to give this process 20-30 seconds. When the main products are prepared, put on the countertop the other ingredients needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the fried eggs with spinach.
We put a pan with a teflon coating on medium heat, it is better to take with high sides, and pour refined vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, when the fat warms up well, discard pieces of garlic into it and fry them until golden brown, for about two minutes, intensively loosening.
As soon as the vegetable is browned, we add the spinach that has managed to dry to it and simmer them together until the moisture evaporates completely, as well as the softness of the greens, while not forgetting to stir constantly.
About 8-9 minutes the leaves will lose their entire volume, become lethargic and very tender, we reduce the fire to a level between the smallest and medium.
Then pour the “garlic” spinach with beaten eggs. Again, loosen the products to a homogeneous consistency, cover the pan with a lid and cook our dish in this form until the bottom side is grasped, that is, it should become quite dense. In total, it will take no more 4-5 minutes, although it may be less, so it’s worth checking periodically.
As soon as the scrambled eggs become denser, using a kitchen spatula or whatever is at hand, turn it over to the other side and bring to full readiness for another 2-3 minutesbut not already covering. After that, we spread the fragrant-smelling yummy on a large flat dish and offer the family a taste of the resulting masterpiece.
Step 3: serve the fried eggs with spinach.
Fried eggs with spinach are served hot, warm or cold on a large flat dish or on smaller plates. From the above mass of products comes two full servings, which, if desired, can be supplemented with a salad of fresh vegetables, light oatmeal, steam rice, a piece of sausage, sausage, boiled meat or poultry, as well as marinades or pickles and, of course, bread, toasts, although croutons also fit. I hope this meal makes you smile, cook with love and enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
- as it was said above, you can vary the taste of this dish in different ways, for example, with garlic, fry finely chopped onions, fresh mushrooms or sweet salad pepper, or both. Also, very often I put in high-melting hard cheese, chopped on a fine grater, such as Parmesan, Emmental or Gruyere, in beaten eggs, or sprinkle them on the surface of the dish that has been grasped from below and continue to cook it over very moderate heat under a covered lid until full melting of the dairy product;
- if the spinach is old, that is, of late varieties, then it will have dense stems, it is better to remove them, and use the leaves as intended;
- sometimes freshly chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or basil are placed in a beaten egg;
- some housewives blanch spinach leaves in boiling water for about one to two minutes, then dry, chop finely, mix with beaten eggs, garlic squeezed through a press, and also spices and fry the resulting mass on both sides over low heat until cooked;
- to give the dish a more delicate aftertaste, cook it in butter;
- the taste and aroma are pretty much dependent on the set of spices, the recipe uses standard, but not essential, if desired, take any others that season dishes from eggs.