Ingredients for Cooking Beef Roast with Potatoes
- Beef (tenderloin) 500 grams
- Onions 1-2 pieces
- Sweet pepper salad 1 piece
- Potato 6 pieces
- Tomato paste (sweet) 1 tablespoon
- Purified water 1.5 cups
- Vegetable oil 4 tablespoons
- Paprika 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Suneli hops 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Laurel leaf 2-3 pieces
- Salt 2 teaspoons or to taste
- Main ingredients: Beef, Potato, Onion, Pepper
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2-3 pieces, a cutting board - 2-3 pieces, a teaspoon, a tablespoon, paper kitchen towels, a bowl - 3 pieces, a cauldron with a lid (capacity 3 liters), a stove, a wooden kitchen spatula, and a serving plate.
Cooking roast beef with potatoes:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To begin with, we wash fresh beef tenderloin under trickles of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and use a sharp kitchen knife to get rid of the film, veins, and small bones that often remain on the log house. Then chop the meat in small portions of 2 to 3 centimeters in size.
After that, using a clean knife, peel the onions and potatoes, and sweet lettuce get rid of the stem and gutted from the seeds. Rinse all the vegetables thoroughly, dry them, take turns sending them to the cutting board and continue the preparation. We shred potatoes with cubes, slices or slices of arbitrary shape about 3-3.5 centimeters in size, although if you like boiled dishes, you can be smaller. We drop it into a bowl with cold running water and leave it there until use so that it does not darken.
Onions with pepper crumbled into cubes, straws, half rings or quarters 1 cm thick, distribute these slices into separate bowls, put the rest of the necessary products on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook the roast beef and potatoes.
We put a deep frying pan or a cauldron on medium heat and pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, dip the pieces of beef in a well-heated fat and fry them until all the moisture has evaporated, it will take about 5-7 minutesfor which this ingredient will change color from bright burgundy red to gray. As soon as the liquid disappears, add the remaining oil to the meat and cook it about 10 minutes to a slight blush, constantly loosening with a wooden or silicone kitchen spatula.
Then add onions to it and fry until the vegetable is transparent 3-4 minutes.
Then we throw sweet salad pepper, we stand everything on the stove yet 2-3 minutes.
After that, season the prepared dish with black pepper, paprika and salt.
Pour meat with vegetables with a glass of purified water, send tomato paste to them and mix.
Then we reduce the fire to the level of honey with the smallest and medium, cover the aromatic mixture with a lid and simmer it for 20 minutes, periodically loosening.
After the required time, the moisture evaporates by about half. Add another 1/2 cup of purified water to the cauldron and dip the chopped potatoes there.
Cooking roasts in a covered form 20 minutes. Next, put a sheet of laurel in it, hops-suneli and continue to stew 10-12 minutes.
And now the time has come, the potatoes have boiled slightly, the meat has become tender, the liquid in which everything has been boiling has acquired a slightly thick consistency, now we turn off the stove and allow the appetizing dish to brew at least 7-10 minutes.
After that, we spread the roast in portions on plates and offer households to taste the resulting culinary masterpiece!
Step 3: serve beef roast with potatoes.
Roast beef with potatoes is served hot as a main course for lunch or breakfast. Before serving, they give him a little infusion, then distribute them on portioned plates, optionally decorate with fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or green onions and put on the table. Salad, pickles, marinades, as well as sour cream or homemade cream can complement this yummy. Cook with love and enjoy!
Enjoy your meal!
- the set of spices indicated in the recipe ideally emphasizes the taste of all ingredients, but it doesn’t matter, use any spices and dried herbs used to season vegetable or meat dishes, for example, all kinds of ground pepper, thyme, cumin, turmeric and others;
- very often, along with onions, carrots are added to the meat and they are cooked together with the allotted time, and then the remaining ingredients are thrown in turn;
- A great alternative to tomato paste is fresh tomatoes, but before that they need to be blanched in boiling water for 60 seconds, cooled, peeled from vegetables and chop their pulp in a blender to a puree state or simply chopped finely. Also, fresh tomatoes should be added to the roast 10-15 minutes before the end of cooking, and if desired, along with them you can send a little fresh herbs and a couple of garlic cloves squeezed through a press to the cauldron;
- very often for cooking use not vegetable, but animal melted fats.