Egg Stuffed Tomato Ingredients
- Fresh tomatoes 4 pieces
- 4 eggs (selected)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Green onion 1 bunch (optional)
- Vegetable oil as required
- Main Ingredients Tomato, Eggs
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Heat resistant baking tray, kitchen knife, cutting board, teaspoon.
Cooking Egg Stuffed Tomatoes:
Step 1: prepare the tomatoes.
To prepare this dish you will need very large tomatoes with a round shape and without external defects. Rinse vegetables with warm water first, wiping off any dirt with a palm or soft sponge. After carefully cut off the hat with the tail and, using a teaspoon, remove the pulp and seeds from the tomato. Be very careful at the same time and do not damage the peel, otherwise the egg will simply leak out during cooking.
Step 2: prepare the green onions.
Rinse the green onions with running water and shake off excess moisture. Then lay the greens on a cutting board and chop it very finely with a knife.
Step 3: stuff the tomatoes with eggs.
Lubricate the heat-resistant baking sheet with vegetable oil and lay the tomatoes on it with the cut up. Break into each egg, and sprinkle with salt, black pepper and a little green onion to taste. Important: fix the tomatoes so that they do not fall during cooking, for example, you can simply use a very narrow baking sheet.
Step 4: bake tomatoes stuffed with eggs.
Set the oven to warm up 190 degrees Celsius. When it reaches the desired temperature, put a baking tray with tomatoes in it, fixing it at medium height, and bake for 25-30 minutes. During this time, the top of the vegetables should lightly brown, and the vegetables themselves become softer, the egg will completely curl and bake.
Step 5: serve the tomatoes stuffed with eggs.
Remove the finished tomatoes stuffed with eggs, remove from a baking sheet and place on serving plates. Offer unsweetened croutons, homemade garlic buns or just toast to them and do not forget to make your favorite morning drink, whether it be coffee, tea or freshly squeezed fruit juice. As a nice addition, you can also whip up a salad of fresh vegetables. That's all, enjoy breakfast and recharge your batteries in order to make all your dreams come true today.
Enjoy your meal!
- As a filling, you can use ham, cheese, bacon or smoked chicken, just first lay the selected ingredient on the bottom of the tomato, and only then break the chicken egg there.
- You can also make a similar snack out of small cherry tomatoes, but in this case use quail eggs and reduce the baking time.
- Ready stuffed tomatoes, as soon as you get out of the oven, sprinkle with a little grated cheese, this will make your dish more delicious and flavorful.
- The filling for the tomato can be very diverse, so try, experiment, choose what you like best.