Ingredients for making hot sprat sandwiches
- Long loaf 1 piece
- Sprats 1 can
- Mayonnaise 2-3 tablespoons
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Hard cheese 120 grams
- Main IngredientsAnchovy, Garlic, Cheese, Bread
- Portion 6-7
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, canned wrench, grater, garlic press, tablespoon, oven, non-stick baking tray with a thick bottom, kitchen spatula, large flat dish or portioned plate.
Making hot sandwiches with sprats:
Step 1: prepare the garlic-mayonnaise mixture.
First of all, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the garlic cloves, rinse them under trickles of cold running water. Dry with paper kitchen towels and squeeze through a special press into a small bowl. We put mayonnaise there and mix these products with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency.
Step 2: prepare the bread.
Then we take a white, you can not very fresh loaf, put it on a cutting board, cut it cleanly with a clean knife across slices of 1 centimeter thick and move on.
Step 3: Hard Cheese
After that, remove the packaging from the hard cheese, remove it from the paraffin crust and chop the dairy product on a large, medium or small grater in a clean bowl.
Step 4: prepare sprats and inventory.
Then, using a special key for canned food, open a jar of sprats, turn on the oven to heat in 200 degrees celsius, put a non-stick baking sheet with a thick bottom on the countertop and proceed to the next step.
Step 5: form and bake hot sandwiches with sprats.
Now we distribute the sliced loaf at the bottom of the baking sheet, so that the pieces lie at a small distance from each other, 1 centimeter of free space between each is quite enough. In turn, grease the slices with a garlic-mayonnaise mixture, put on each one large or two medium sprats and sprinkle the fish with a generous portion of crushed hard cheese.
We put the semi-finished dish in the oven preheated to the desired temperature and bake for 10 minutes or until the sandwiches are covered with a delicate golden crust. As soon as this happens, we pull the kitchen potholders onto our hands and move the baking sheet onto a cutting board previously laid on the countertop. We take turns picking up tasty bread slices with a kitchen spatula and serving them to the table on a large flat dish or in portions on plates.
Step 6: serve hot sandwiches with sprats.
Hot sandwiches with sprats are served immediately after cooking on specially designed dishes or in portions on plates, optionally pre-decorated with sprigs of fresh herbs, for example, dill, parsley, cilantro or green onions. Such a wonderful snack for the festive table can be a full hearty breakfast, a great addition to lunch or a quick dinner or afternoon snack. Well, as a bonus to this dish, salads, marinades, pickles and fries are often offered. Cook with love and enjoy simple homemade food!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you want the sandwiches to be more tender, add a small piece of softened butter to the garlic-mayonnaise mixture;
- doubt your baking tray and worry that the bread will burn? If so, then cover it with a sheet of baking or parchment paper;
- some housewives spread a thin layer of finely chopped pickled or fresh vegetables, such as tomatoes, green cucumbers, olives, canned mushrooms, on sprats, and only then cover everything with chopped hard cheese;
- an alternative to long loaf - white or gray bread, mayonnaise - fat sour cream mixed with spices, sprats - any other canned fish, for example, sardine, mackerel or to taste;
- this type of sandwiches can be cooked in the microwave, just lay them on the surface of the heat-resistant dishes, send them inside the above equipment, close the tight-fitting door and turn on the timer for 2 minutes. During this time, mayonnaise saturates the bread, and the cheese melts and becomes a delicate golden color. Of course, a more golden brown crust is obtained only in the oven, although it also comes out very tasty in the microwave.