Ingredients for Cooking Lean Fish Cutlets
- Fish (pure thawed fillet of hake, cod, sea bass or other boneless fish) 500 grams
- Long loaf (white) 100 grams
- Dill or parsley 1 bunch (small) or to taste and desire
- Garlic 1 clove or to taste and desire
- Breadcrumbs 120 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil (for frying) as needed
- Purified water as needed
- Main IngredientsHake, Garlic, Greens
- Portion 6-7
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scales, tablespoon, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 3 pieces, paper kitchen towels, meat grinder, bowl, deep bowl, deep plate, stove, frying pan with a lid, kitchen spatula, serving plate.
Cooking meatless fish cutlets:
Step 1: prepare the loaf.
First of all, take the stalest piece of white loaf, put it in a small bowl and fill it with ordinary running cold water. We leave this ingredient in the liquid until it softens, mainly this process takes 12-15 minutes.
Step 2: prepare the fish.
In the meantime, rinse the thawed fillet of any boneless fish that has been thawed, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and cut it into small portions of an approximate size from 2 to 3 centimeters with a sharp kitchen knife.
Step 3: prepare the garlic, herbs and other ingredients.
Then, using a clean knife, peel the clove of garlic from the husk and thoroughly rinse it with dill or parsley, although you can take a little of both. Shake these products over the sink from excess liquid, take turns to move to a cutting board and grind. Chop the garlic finely and chop the greens. After that, we put on the countertop a deep plate with breadcrumbs, as well as the rest of the necessary ingredients, and move on.
Step 4: prepare the minced meat for lean fish patties.
We squeeze the softened loaf from excess water and, together with pieces of fish, pass it through a meat grinder with a medium mesh directly into a deep bowl.
Add chopped garlic, herbs, salt to taste and ground black pepper. Mix everything thoroughly with clean hands until a homogeneous consistency - the mince is ready!
Step 5: form the meatless fish patties.
Now we collect a whole tablespoon of fish mass, put it in a palm pre-moistened in water and form a round or oval cutlet with a thickness of 1.5 to 2 centimeters. In the same way we sculpt the rest until the mince is over, roll them on all sides in breadcrumbs, put them on a cutting board and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 6: fry meatless fish cutlets.
We put the frying pan on medium heat and first pour in about 50-60 milliliters of vegetable, better refined oil. After a few minutes, lower the first batch of cutlets into the preheated fat, distributing them at a small distance from each other. We fry fish products on both sides until golden brown, mostly on one side takes about 3-4 minutes.
Then reduce the heat to a minimum, add about 3-4 tablespoons of purified water to the pan, we cover her cover and simmer cutlets until cooked about 5 minutesbut sometimes even less. After that, using a kitchen spatula, transfer them to a large flat dish, add a little oil and fry the rest of the fragrant fish balls in the same way.
Step 7: serve meatless fish cutlets.
Lenten fish cutlets are served hot as a main course for lunch or dinner, although they also look pretty good as a hearty afternoon snack. Serve them either on a large flat dish, or in portions on plates, optionally chopped with fresh chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or green onions.
To make this food more satisfying, you can put on the table any unobtrusive side dish, for example, vegetable salad, rice, pasta or whatever you like, and vegetable-based sauces will help refresh this miracle. Cook with love and enjoy delicious food even in fasting!
Enjoy your meal!
- cutlets can be brought to full readiness in a different way, first fry everything to a golden blush and then send for 5-7 minutes to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees Celsius;
- the recipe indicates ordinary spices that do not claim to be exclusive, but with a great desire, their set can be supplemented with any other dried herbs, as well as spices that are suitable for fish dishes;
- very often finely chopped and fried in vegetable oil onions, carrots or mushrooms are added to the ground fish mass;
- some housewives put a couple of tablespoons of semolina or sifted wheat flour in minced fish for viscosity.