Ingredients for making mushroom caviar from champignons
- Champignons 1 kg
- Onions 1-2 pieces (medium)
- Salt 1.5 teaspoons or to taste
- Ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Lemon 1/2 pieces of medium sized citrus
- Butter -30-50 grams to taste
- Refined vegetable oil 3-4 tablespoons
- Main ingredients: Onion, Mushrooms, Oil
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scales, teaspoon, kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, colander, frying pan, wooden or silicone kitchen spatula, blender, salad bowl or portion plate.
Preparation of mushroom caviar from champignons:
Step 1: prepare the champignons.
First, we send the right amount of fresh champignons of any size into a deep colander and rinse thoroughly under trickles of cold running water from sand, as well as any other contaminants. Then we leave them in the sink for several minutes, so that the glass is excess moisture. Then, using a sharp kitchen knife, we rid each of the roots, dip the mushrooms with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and chop them with layers, quarters, cubes or pieces of arbitrary shape up to 1 centimeter thick.
Step 2: prepare onions and other ingredients.
Then, using the same knife, peel the onions from the husks, rinse them thoroughly, dry them, and on a clean board with crushed cubes or straws with a thickness of 5 to 7 millimeters. After that, put the rest of the ingredients that will be needed to prepare the dish on the countertop, and move on.
Step 3: stew and fry the mushrooms with onions.
We put a deep non-stick pan on medium heat and send two types of oil into it - vegetable, and also cream. After a few minutes, when the fats melt and heat up, dip the chopped onion in them. Fry it until transparent, stirring occasionally with a wooden or silicone kitchen spatula, it will take about 2-3 minutes. As soon as he gets the desired consistency, add mushrooms to the pan.
We continue to cook them together yet 15 minutes, during which the champignons will start the juice, but it will quickly evaporate and the products will gradually fry. When the resulting mass is ready, sprinkle it to taste with salt, black pepper, mix, simmer for another minute, remove from the stove, put it near the ajar window to cool, and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 4: bring mushroom caviar from champignons to full readiness.
Grind the cooled fried onion with mushrooms in any convenient way, this can be done using a submersible or stationary blender, an eclectic or an ordinary meat grinder or food processor, it all depends on what kind of grinding you want to get caviar in the end. Then we season the aromatic mixture with juice from half a lemon, add a little pepper and salt if desired, and loosen everything to a uniform consistency. Now caviar can be served immediately or cooled and then served on the table.
Step 5: serve mushroom caviar from champignons.
Mushroom caviar from champignons is served at room temperature or cold in a bowl specially designed for this purpose as a wonderful, very satisfying snack for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Before serving, this fragrant miracle is optionally decorated with fresh finely chopped greens, rings of olives, olives or curly sliced pickled or pickled vegetables. It is very pleasant to eat such caviar with toast, fresh bread, unleavened cakes and other flour products, although it is also suitable as a side dish for dishes of meat, poultry, fish, and game. Cook with love and enjoy simple homemade food!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often the onions are fried with carrots chopped on a fine grater and then stewed with mushrooms;
- if you want to make lean mushroom caviar from champignons, then cook it only on vegetable fats;
- some housewives instead of natural lemon juice use table 6- or 9-% vinegar, and salt is replaced with soy sauce;
- it happens that walnuts crushed into crumbs and garlic squeezed through a press are added to mushroom caviar;
- sometimes mushrooms are boiled in a large amount of water or baked for 20 minutes in an oven, heated to 180 degrees Celsius. Then they are completely cooled, if boiled, squeezed from excess liquid and ground together with separately fried onions, and then seasoned with spices and salt;
- the recipe uses simple classic spices, but their set can be supplemented with any spices and dried herbs that are suitable for dishes of mushrooms or vegetables, for example, sage, dried lemongrass, paprika, laurel leaf and others.