Ingredients for the preparation of lean pancakes
- Potato 8 pieces (large)
- Wheat flour 1-2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil as required for frying
- Main Ingredients Potato
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Deep plate, grater with small holes, a knife for peeling vegetables, a brush for washing vegetables, a tablespoon, a flat frying pan, a thick shovel, a serving dish, disposable paper towels, a large flat dish.
Cooking lean pancakes:
Step 1: prepare the potatoes.
Put the potatoes in the sink and, turning on the warm water, rinse each vegetable with a special brush, cleaning off the adhering earth, sand and other dirt. After washing with the tubers, peel, cut out the eyes. If necessary, rinse the potatoes with water after peeling again.
Step 2: prepare the mass for lean pancakes.
Chopped peeled potatoes with a fine grater. Of course, you can use a large one, but as practice shows, it turns out not so tasty and tender.
Pour salt, wheat flour, and ground black pepper into the potato mass. Stir the mixture thoroughly so that all the spices are evenly distributed.
Step 3: fry lean pancakes.
Preheat the pan, and in it a small amount of vegetable oil. Spread the potato mass on the hot bottom of the dishes with a tablespoon. Reduce the heat and cook the pancakes at medium power until they are covered with a golden crisp on both sides. Important: Turn over the potato pancakes carefully, first slightly tucking it with a spatula so that they do not fall apart.
Turn the finished pancakes onto a large flat dish and start cooking the next batch. But if it so happened that you went too far with vegetable oil, then simply blot the items with disposable paper towels first.
Step 4: serve lean pancakes.
Serve the finished lean pancakes immediately after cooking, while they are still hot. Top them with lean mayonnaise or any other sauce of your choice. Draniki can be served as an independent dish, or as a side dish.
Enjoy your meal!
- So that potato pancakes do not turn gray and do not darken, you can grate one fresh onion with potatoes.
- Many housewives recommend adding semolina instead of wheat flour.
- In order not to suffer with a grater, use a meat grinder or a blender, this will significantly speed up the cooking process and will not affect the taste of ready-made pancakes at all.
- If your hands are more untied in the choice of products, then add chopped garlic and dill to the grated potatoes, this will give the pancakes piquancy and aroma.