Ingredients for Salad with Rice and Pineapple
- Long grain rice 100 grams
- Canned pineapples (in syrup) 1 jar (approximately 250 grams)
- Eggs 2-3 pieces (selected)
- Canned corn 1 can
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Pineapple, Rice
- Serving 3 servings
pan, stewpan, can opener, kitchen knife, cutting board, deep plate, serving dish, tablespoon
Making a salad with rice and pineapple:
Step 1: prepare the rice.
Before starting to cook, rinse the rice groats with cold water so that the liquid with which you wash the rice becomes transparent. Then place the groats in the pan, pour clean cold water, based on the ratio that 2.5 cups of water are needed for 1 cup of rice. Bring everything to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until complete boiling of the liquid without stirring.
Rice cooked in this way is usually crumbly, which is what is needed to make this salad. But before you continue cooking, wait until this ingredient has cooled to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare the eggs.
Place the eggs in a saucepan, fill with water, put on fire and wait until everything boils. Then turn off the gas and continue cooking for 10-12 minutes.
Cool boiled eggs under running water. Then peel them and cut into small cubes.
Step 3: prepare the corn.
Remove canned corn from the can and drain all excess liquid from it.
Step 4: prepare the pineapples.
Canned pineapples just get out of the can, but do not drain the syrup, we will use it as a dressing. As for pineapples, they need to be cut into small cubes.
Step 5: mix the salad with rice and pineapple.
Place the cooled rice in a deep plate, add the chopped eggs and pineapples to it, add salt and mix well. Next, pour the juice remaining in the jar of pineapples to the almost ready salad, mix again and send to the refrigerator 20-25 minutes. A slightly infused salad with rice and pineapple can be served.
Step 6: serve the salad with rice and pineapple.
Put the salad with rice and pineapples in a serving dish, sprinkle with black pepper to taste and garnish with fresh green leaves. This dish can be served both as an independent dish, and as a side dish, for example, to boiled or steamed chicken.
Enjoy your meal!
- To prevent rice from sticking during cooking, after the water boils, add a little vegetable or butter to it, mix and continue cooking until cooked.
- Often I meet recipes where ham or smoked chicken breast is added to this salad.
- Of course, lovers of fatty foods will not be able to resist and add mayonnaise to this salad as a dressing. It’s also tasty, but not so useful.