Nettle Salad Ingredients
- 2-3 eggs
- Nettle young 1 bunch
- Sorrel 1 bunch
- Lettuce leaf 1 bunch
- Parsley 1 bunch
- Dill greens 1 bunch
- Young spinach 1 bunch
- Vegetable oil (olive or sunflower) 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Salad, Sorrel, Spinach, Greens
- Serving 4 servings
Small saucepan, deep plate, colander, kitchen knife, cutting board, salad spoon.
Making nettle salad:
Step 1: Prepare the eggs.
Boil chicken eggs hard. Make sure that during cooking they are constantly immersed in water, otherwise the shell will crack and some of the protein will leak out. Prepare eggs for our salad at least 10 minutes.
After cooking, drain the hot water from the saucepan and place its contents under a stream of cold tap water. Wait until the eggs have completely cooled, and only then peel them and cut them into small cubes.
Step 2: Prepare the greens.
Put all the greens in a colander and rinse with running warm water, then wait until excess water drains from the grass. And immediately, I stipulate one important point, if you use non-young nettles to make salad, then you must first boil it in boiling water 3-5 minutesotherwise it cannot be used as food, unlike fresh shoots.
Rip the prepared greens, separating leaves from hard stems. Throw away the stems, and put the rest on a cutting board and cut not very finely. Try not to squeeze the leaves too much.
Step 3: Mix the nettle salad.
In a deep plate, mix chopped nettles, sorrel, spinach, dill, parsley and lettuce. Add chopped chicken eggs to them, sprinkle with salt and again mix thoroughly with a salad spoon or directly with your hands. At the end, season with vegetable oil and mix all the ingredients again. You do not need to insist on a nettle salad, so go straight to serving it.
Step 4: Serve the nettle salad.
Serve the nettle salad as a side dish for meat dishes or simply set, among others, on the common dining table. Here is such an incredibly useful and immensely green dish you have succeeded, enjoy its taste and benefits.
Enjoy your meal!
- You can add all the greens that grows in your garden to this salad, including dandelion leaves and the edible tops of some root vegetables.
- Instead of vegetable oil, the salad can also be seasoned with sour cream or a mixture of mayonnaise and sour cream, if you like it more.
- Nettle, despite all its medicinal properties, also has contraindications and is not recommended for pregnant women.