Green Garlic Salad Ingredients
- Young garlic leaves 2 bunches
- 3-4 potatoes
- Egg 1 piece
- Sour cream or mayonnaise to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Garlic, Eggs
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Saucepan, kitchen knife, cutting board, tablespoon, grater, deep plate.
Cooking a salad with green garlic:
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes.
Thoroughly rinse the potato tubers, removing all dirt and sand, because we will cook it in its uniform, which means without peeling off the peels. Then dip the prepared vegetables in a pan, fill with water with a margin and put on the stove. After the liquid boils, reduce the heat and simmer the potatoes for 25-30 minutes. Check readiness with a knife or fork, if the flesh of the root crop is easily punctured, it means it has cooked.
Dip the potatoes cooked in their skins in cold water and cool. After the vegetables are at room temperature, peel them, and then cut the peeled potatoes into cubes of medium or very small size.
Step 2: Prepare the eggs.
Cook the egg for 10-15 minutes after the water boils. Then cool it under a stream of cold running water, peel it and grind it using a grater with medium holes or simply mash with a fork.
Step 3: Prepare Green Garlic.
Rinse the arrows of garlic with warm water and brush off excess moisture. Be sure to sort through them, removing dead and withered leaves. Put the rest on a cutting board and, cutting off the excess white part, grind with a knife.
Step 4: Mix the salad with green garlic.
Pour the boiled potatoes into a deep plate, add the egg and green garlic to it. Salt, pepper to taste and season with sour cream or mayonnaise, or a mixture thereof. Mix all the ingredients together and serve the finished salad with green garlic to the table.
Step 5: Serve the green garlic salad.
The salad with green garlic turned out to be quite satisfying, so it can be used finely not only as a side dish, but also as a main course. And most importantly, his taste is simply excellent! Eat a salad with green garlic yourself and treat others.
Enjoy your meal!
- Sometimes in this salad feathers of green onions and other greens, for example, parsley and dill, are also added.
- The most delicious salad with green garlic is obtained if you cook it from young potatoes.
- To prepare a salad with green garlic, it is not necessary to use boiled potatoes, but you can bake it in the oven or, for example, on a fire, if you have such an opportunity.
- Instead of sour cream and mayonnaise, sometimes I season the salad with sunflower oil, and it’s better to add a little more salt.