Ingredients for Making Spaghetti with Zucchini and Chili Pesto
- Spaghetti 400 grams
- Zucchini 1 piece (medium)
- Clean water optional
- Lemon (only zest and juice are needed) 1/2 pieces
For chili pesto
- Walnuts (peeled) 200 grams
- Sun-dried tomatoes 3-4 pieces
- Red chili pepper 1 piece (long)
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Olive oil 75 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Zucchini, Nuts, Pasta
- Serving 3 servings
Saucepan, slotted spoon, deep plate, peeling knife, small grater, pasta tongs, blender, serving dish.
Making spaghetti with zucchini and chili pesto:
Step 1: Prepare the walnuts.
Arrange the walnuts on a baking sheet so that they do not touch each other. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees centigrade and straighten the kernels of the nuts to brown on 10-15 minutes. It is necessary that the surface becomes a pleasant golden color.
Step 2: Cook the spaghetti.
Boil enough water in a saucepan, remembering to add a little salt to it. Fold the spaghetti in boiling water without breaking them, and cook until incomplete, that is, on 1 minute less than indicated in the instructions on the packaging of pasta.
After boiling, do not drain the water, but put the spaghetti in a colander so that excess moisture comes from the glass.
Step 3: Prepare Zucchini
Rinse zucchini with warm running water, it is better to even use a sponge or a soft brush to wash vegetables. Take a knife for cutting vegetables and cut zucchini in the shape of noodles, that is, ribbons. Crush the remaining core very finely.
Step 4: Cook the pesto.
To prepare the pesto sauce, peel the garlic cloves and cut them into small cubes so that it is easier to control the consistency of the mass in the future. Fold the prepared garlic in a blender.
There, send a chili pepper cut into strips, cleaned of seeds and thoroughly washed from the inside and outside, to the blender.
Grind the walnuts and set aside a bit, we will need it to decorate the finished dish, the rest is placed in a blender with other ingredients.
It remains only to load dried tomatoes, salt into the device and pour everything with olive oil. Turn on the blender and grind all the ingredients while mixing them together. As I said earlier, you can control the consistency of the pesto yourself, making it more uniform or, conversely, leaving the largest pieces in it.
Step 5: Mix the spaghetti with zucchini and chili pesto.
In a deep plate, mix zucchini noodles and pasta, pour hot water, the same in which you cooked pasta. Leave on 3 minutesthen drain the liquid. After squeezing the juice of half a lemon there and add the zest. Mix everything well.
Now add the pesto sauce you made from chili and walnuts to the zucchini and spaghetti paste. Stir and serve.
Step 6: Serve spaghetti with zucchini and chili pesto.
Serve spaghetti with zucchini and chili pesto immediately after cooking, decorating the dish with coarsely chopped pieces of walnuts. This dish is completely independent, but you can use it as a side dish.
Enjoy your meal!
- It is good to eat pasta with some jamon, it is advisable to fry the meat before crunching, and figs. Or put in a plate with each serving a couple of slices of avocado, sprinkled with lemon juice.
- If you don’t like spaghetti at all, you can replace them with regular pasta, but then zucchini should be cut into short slices so that they fit the pasta of your choice.
- Even walnuts can be fried in a dry pan for several minutes. But in this case, the nuts will need to be monitored all the time so that they do not burn.