Ingredients for Squash Pizza
For the basics
- Young zucchini (or zucchini) 2 pieces
- Chicken egg 3 pieces
- Wheat flour 1.5 tablespoons
- Baking powder for dough 1 teaspoon
- Fresh dill 1 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dried herbs to taste
- Fresh tomatoes 1-2 pieces (depending on size)
- Cheese (not necessarily hard) 50 grams
- Bulgarian pepper 1/2 pieces (optional)
- Vegetable oil optional
- Breadcrumbs optional
- Main ingredients: Zucchini, Tomato, Eggs, Flour, Greens
- Serving 4 servings
Baking dish, kitchen knife, knife for cleaning vegetables, cutting board, colander, gauze, grater, deep plate, tablespoon, kitchen potholders for hot.
Making zucchini pizza:
Step 1: Prepare the zucchini.
Rinse the zucchini or zucchini properly, it is best to even use a sponge or a soft brush. Since we took young vegetables, we don’t need to peel them from the skin, just cut the ends on both sides. Rub prepared zucchini with a coarse grater or grind in a food processor, if you have such an opportunity.
Fold the grated vegetable pulp into a colander, mix with salt and wait 20 minuteswhile excess fluid drains. Then pour zucchini on cheesecloth folded several times and squeeze them well.
Step 2: Prepare the tomatoes.
Rinse the tomatoes with warm water, remove the green twigs and seals that remain in their place. Cut the prepared vegetables into very thin slices.
Step 3: Prepare the cheese.
Cut off the crusts from cheese, if necessary, grate the rest on a medium or fine grater.
Step 4: Prepare the pepper.
Peel half of the bell pepper from the seeds and tear out the core along with the stem. Rinse, dry a little and cut into strips of medium thickness.
Step 5: Cook the dough.
Grated and squeezed squash, put in a deep bowl, add eggs, finely chopped dill greens, wheat flour, baking powder for batter, salt, black pepper and dried herbs. Mix all these ingredients properly so that you end up with a virtually homogeneous mass without lumps.
Step 6: Form and bake squash pizza.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lubricate the mold with vegetable oil, sprinkle generously with breadcrumbs and pour in it squash dough - the basis for our pizza. Flatten with a tablespoon and lay the filling in random order. I put half the tomato, then sprinkle with grated cheese and spread the rest of the tomato, as well as slices of bell pepper.
Bake zucchini pizza in the oven for at least 20 minutes. Then remove it and cool completely to room temperature. Only after the pizza has cooled down can it be served at the table.
Step 7: Serve the squash pizza.
Divide cooled zucchini pizza into portions and serve as a snack or a hearty summer breakfast. However, and as a snack on your dining table, such a pizza will look very impressive, but it tastes even better.
Enjoy your meal!
- It is best to use whole grain flour, as it contains a greater amount of nutrients.
- For the filling, you can use other vegetables as well, for example, amateurs can sharper add a little peeled chili pepper. If you want to weight pizza, then add sausages, bacon or sausage.
- To get a completely dietary and light pizza, use low-fat cheese, such as mozzarella, suluguni or special low-fat gouda.