Ingredients for making fennel with cheese.
- Large fennel bulb 1 piece
- Medium Lemon 2 pieces
- Dried marjoram 1 teaspoon
- Chicken broth 300 milliliters
- Hard cheese 200 grams
- Bay leaf medium size 1 piece
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineSpanish Cuisine
Cutting board, Knife, Teaspoon, Plate - 2 pieces, Juicer, Medium pan with a lid, Tablespoon, Kitchen stove, Baking tray, Oven, Kitchen gloves, Medium grater, Serving dish, Wooden spatula, Food wrap
Cooking fennel with cheese:
Step 1: prepare the fennel.
To begin with, carefully wash the fennel under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut feathers from the bulb.
Then cut the plant along the fibers
into pieces, thick not less than 1 centimeter. Shredded component is transferred to a free plate.
Step 2: prepare the lemon.
We wash the lemon under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the citrus into two halves. After that, squeeze juice out of each half using a juicer.
Step 3: prepare hard cheese.
We grate hard cheese on a medium grater directly on a cutting board. After that, we transfer the cheese chips to a free plate and wrap it with cling film so that the component does not wind off while we cook the fennel itself. Attention: for cooking, you can use any kind of cheese to your taste. It can be Russian, Kostroma, Adygea and even Edam cheese.
Step 4: prepare fennel with cheese.
Pour the chicken stock into a clean pan and place the bowl on medium heat. When the liquid boils, add freshly squeezed lemon juice, marjoram, bay leaf and the main ingredient - chopped fennel to the pan. Mix everything well with a tablespoon, cover the container with a lid and cook the dish for 30 minutes. During this period of time, the onion will boil well and become soft and juicy.
Immediately after this, using a wooden spatula, transfer the main ingredient from the pan to the baking sheet, salt and pepper to taste, and finally sprinkle with grated cheese. We put fennel with cheese in the oven and bake at a temperature 200 ° C until the cheese is completely melted and covered with a soft golden crust. Immediately after that, turn off the oven, and take out the baking sheet with the help of kitchen gloves and set aside for a while to cool.
Step 5: serve the fennel with cheese.
We transfer the finished fennel with cheese with a tablespoon or wooden spatula to a special flat dish, and we can serve it to the festive table. Such a plant is ideal for snacks, as it has some acidity and goes well with melted cheese.
- To prepare the dish, it is not necessary to grind the cheese, just cut it into thin plates and cover them with fennel before baking.
- When serving, the dish can be decorated with the remaining leaves of fennel. It turns out very beautifully and festively.
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can use other seasonings that you like.
- In order to prepare a delicious juicy dish, the first thing you need to choose a good ripe fennel. To do this, pay attention to the shoots. They should be elastic, with white-green fruits and, most importantly, not wilted. In the event that you purchased this miracle plant in one day, and you are going to cook it in another, then it must be stored correctly in the refrigerator without fail. Firstly, it should be a paper bag, and secondly, fennel should be in a cool place for no longer than 3-4 days.