Ingredients for Cooking Cucumbers with Honey
- Fresh cucumber 400 grams
- Liquid honey 1.5 tablespoons
- Fresh dill 1 large bunch
- Water 1.5 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Main IngredientsCucumber, Honey
- Serving 2 servings
Colander, deep serving plate, kitchen knife, cutting board, disposable paper towels, measuring cup, whisk.
Cooking cucumbers with honey:
Step 1: prepare the cucumbers.
First, rinse the cucumbers and cut off their tips. Then cut a small piece from each vegetable and try to see if they are bitter. If you feel bitterness, you will have to peel the cucumbers from the skin, if everything is in order, then skip the cleaning step.
Cut the prepared cucumbers into large but thin slices and put them in a colander. Add salt, mix gently and leave on weight for 15-20 minutes. Cucumbers will give juice that drains through holes in a colander.
Step 2: prepare the dill greens.
Rinse and dry the dill with disposable paper towels. Spread the weed on the board and cut the stems hard, and chop the rest into very small pieces.
Step 3: prepare honey dressing.
Pour the chopped dill into the bowl, pour it with honey and clean water. Mix well and cover with a lid or cling film. Let the refueling stand like this for the same 15-20 minutes, like cucumbers.
Step 4: serve the cucumbers with honey.
After the cucumbers have been infused and given a little juice, take them out of the colander and dry them with disposable paper towels. Then lay them on a dish to serve layer by layer, pouring each honey dressing with dill. At the end, pour the remaining honey and herbs on top and serve the original appetizer from the cucumbers to the table.
Cucumbers with honey turn out to be light, fresh, slightly sweet and therefore always find their fans, although their taste is not at all unequivocal, but the same is all the same charm.
Enjoy your meal!
- This is a basic recipe, you can experiment with it by adding new ingredients, such as garlic or black pepper. You might even want to use parsley or aromatic cilantro instead of dill.
- To make a salad, you need liquid honey. And, if your sugar is suddenly sugared, just heat it lightly in a water bath.
- If you really want to, you can add dressing from thick sour cream to cucumbers with honey, for example, or dilute honey with dill with vegetable oil and vinegar as well.
- If you are looking for something else to cook from fresh cucumbers, our site will be happy to help you, follow this link to familiarize yourself with the selection of various dishes from cucumbers.