Ingredients for Cooking Oat Sticks with Cheese
- Oatmeal flakes (thin, instant) 90 grams
- Wheat flour 80 grams per dough and 1 tablespoon for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Butter (softened) 70 grams
- Hard cheese 50 grams
- Milk 80 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Milk, Cheese, Oatmeal, Flour
- World CuisineEnglish Cuisine
Kitchen scale, Measuring cup, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Fine mesh strainer, Grater (fine), Oven, Non-stick baking tray, Baking paper, Rolling pin, Wide-blade kitchen knife, Kitchen gloves, Cutting board, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking oat sticks with cheese:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
Sift into a deep bowl the right amount of wheat flour. Add the finely ground oatmeal, salt, ground black pepper to it and mix with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency.
Then in the same bowl we grate a small piece of hard cheese on a fine grater, add softened butter and pour in the milk. With clean hands, knead a homogeneous, non-molting dough.
Step 2: form oat sticks with cheese.
After we turn on and preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Cover the non-stick baking sheet with a sheet of baking paper. Now sprinkle the working surface of the table with a thin layer of flour.
We spread the dough on it.
Roll into a rectangular thick layer 4 mm.
We take a sharp kitchen knife with a wide blade and cut the rolled dough into strips of width in 1 centimeter.
Using the same knife, transfer them to a baking sheet prepared for baking and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: bake oat sticks with cheese.
We check the temperature of the stove, and if it has warmed up, we send oat sticks to it on 10 - 12 minutes.
After the required time, we put on kitchen gloves, take out a baking sheet from the finished baking dish from the oven and put it on a cutting board.
Cool the baking to room temperature. After - using a kitchen spatula, transfer the sticks to a plate and serve.
Step 4: serve oat sticks with cheese.
Oat sticks with cheese are served chilled as a snack or as an addition to the first hot dishes. It is also pleasant to savor them with tea or coffee. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- Before slicing, you can sprinkle the dough with sesame seeds or poppy seeds and lightly compact the sprinkles. After chop and proceed according to the recipe.
- You can add dried herbs and spices to the dough, such as thyme, dill, parsley, basil, paprika, paprika, and these are just a few of the possible options.
- If you use regular oatmeal, it is worth increasing the rate of milk by 2 - 3 tablespoons. Such a dough should be baked for 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- In order to make the crust of the sticks more rosy, before baking they can be greased with whipped chicken yolk.