Vietnamese fish ingredients
- White fish fillet 450 grams
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Shallot 3-4 pieces (small size)
- Lemongrass 3 stems
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Ginger root (grated) 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon (for serving)
- Fresh greens (cilantro, green onion) for serving
- Main IngredientsHake, Dorada, Tilapia
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Bakeware, foil, kitchen knife, mortar, cutting board, plate, oven mitts.
Cooking fish in Vietnamese:
Step 1: Prepare the marinade.
Grind the cloves of garlic, shallots, lemongrass stalks. Put them in a mortar and mix well with turmeric, grated ginger, chili powder and black pepper. Add salt. And then gradually, stirring all the time, pour in the vegetable oil, so that a paste is obtained.
Step 2: pickle the fish.
Wash the fish fillet, dry with towels and grate with spices mixed with vegetable oil. If the fish fillet is large, cut it into pieces.
Put the fish fillet grated with spices in a plate and refrigerate 15 minutespickle.
Step 3: Bake Vietnamese fish.
Transfer the fish onto a foil in a baking dish and place in a preheated oven on 15-20 minutes. If your oven has a function "grill", then you can use it to lightly brown the fish in Vietnamese at the end. The main thing is that everything is well baked from the inside.
Attention: Before putting the fish fillet in the oven, you can remove most of the marinade with a napkin, but this is not necessary.
Step 4: Serve the fish in Vietnamese.
Serve Vietnamese fish with boiled rice or baked potatoes. Sprinkle the dish with fresh herbs and pour soy sauce. And if you want a completely exotic lunch or dinner, then serve along with the fish a warm salad made of fungi or rice noodles and vegetables.
Enjoy your meal!
- Lemongrass can be replaced with a small amount of lemon or orange zest, plus a little lime juice.
- Galanga is suitable instead of ginger, if suddenly you have such a spice on the farm.