Cheese Corn Tortilla Ingredients
- Corn flour 300 grams
- Sparkling water (mineral or drinking) 200 milliliters
- Egg 1 piece
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons + for frying
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Hard cheese 200 grams
- Baking powder for the test 1.5 teaspoons
- Salt to taste (if cheese is salty, then unnecessary)
- Main ingredients: Cheese, Flour
- Portion 3-4
Deep plate, grater, tablespoon, frying pan with a lid, spatula, garlic press.
Cooking corn tortillas with cheese:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
Mix the cornmeal with a baking powder for the dough, and then, gradually kneading, pour in the same sparkling water. Knead moderately tight dough in the shape of a ball.
Now that the flour and water are well mixed, leave the dough to rest and swell a little, enough for this and 10 minutes.
Step 2: add the cheese.
While the flour is swelling, grate the cheese and chop the cloves of garlic, also using a grater or using a special press.
Then the cheese with garlic should be added to the dough and mix well.
Then add the chicken egg to the total mass and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix everything very carefully so that the dough becomes homogeneous again. To disturb the mass, by the way, is very easy and pleasant.
Step 3: fry corn tortillas with cheese.
Heat a sufficient amount of oil in a pan. And then put in it hand-molded tortillas made from cornmeal and cheese. Products are molded very quickly and simply.
You need to fry the cakes in batches of as many as you have in the pan. Cook under a lid over medium heat to a delicious golden crust on both sides.
When you start a new batch in the pan, you can add another bit of vegetable oil, if necessary.
Step 4: serve corn tortillas with cheese.
Corn tortillas smell just awesome! Serve them right away, as soon as remove from the pan, hot. Garnish with sour cream and fresh herbs or tomatoes. Very tasty!
Some craftsmen can make something like a closed sandwich with meat or minced meat from these flat cakes. Great appetizer.
Enjoy your meal!
- Many housewives use not hard cheese, but soft, for example, mozzarella or goat, the result is slightly different, so be sure to try this and that.
- You can add not only cheese and garlic to the corn tortilla dough, but also some fresh herbs.