Ingredients for Cooking Chicken Chops with Mushrooms and Cheese
- Chicken breast 2 pieces (large)
- Fresh mushrooms 250 grams
- Hard cheese 200 grams
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Mayonnaise 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil optional
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Mushrooms, Cheese
- Serving 5-6
A baking dish, a meat hammer, a kitchen knife, a cutting board, a grater, hot pot holders, a frying pan, a spatula, a tablespoon, disposable paper towels.
Cooking chicken chop with mushrooms and cheese:
Step 1: fry the mushrooms with onions.
Take the small mushrooms, rinse them, peel and cut into quarters. Let the mushroom slices be quite large.
Peel the onion, rinse with cool water and cut into small cubes.
Heat a little vegetable oil in a pan, put mushrooms in it and salt them. Simmer over medium heat until all liquid has evaporated. Then add the chopped onions and continue to fry all together until the onion slices become clear. And do not forget to often stir the contents of the pan so that nothing burns and does not fry too much.
When the onion with mushrooms is ready, remove everything from the heat and set aside for now.
Step 2: Prepare Chicken Chops.
Peel the chicken breasts, separate the meat from the bones. You will get four separate pieces of filet. Rinse them and beat them thoroughly with a hammer.
Fold the resulting chicken chops in a baking dish, sprinkle with salt, as well as black and red ground pepper.
Attention: chicken chops should lie on the bottom of the mold in one layer, choose the right sized dishes.
Step 3: bake chicken chops with mushrooms and cheese.
Place the fried mushrooms with onions on the chicken. Lay in the same layer and smooth at the end.
Put the mayonnaise on top and a tablespoon gently distribute it over the entire area.
And the last layer is grated cheese. You can use any, I leave it at your discretion. True, if you take mozzarella, then you can not even rub it, but cut it into thin slices, it will melt perfectly.
Bake chicken chops with mushrooms and cheese in the oven at a temperature equal to 180 degrees Celsius. Cooking time is around 30 minutes.
When you get the chicken chops out of the oven, they need to be allowed to cool literally for 5-7 minutes, then it will be more convenient to impose them.
Step 4: serve chicken chops with mushrooms and cheese.
Serve chicken chops with mushrooms and cheese to be hot. You can do without a side dish, but if you really want to, green peas, rice, spaghetti and tender, creamy mashed potatoes are well suited for chops. No sauce is needed, chicken meat is surprisingly juicy. Well, very tasty, and the aroma is simply amazing! Eats up instantly, but at the same time everything is very satisfying and nutritious.
Enjoy your meal!
- You can add tomatoes to chicken chop. To do this, first you need to cut the tomatoes in thin circles, put in one layer on mushrooms with mayonnaise, sprinkle with cheese on top, and then bake everything together, following the recipe.
- If you do not eat mayonnaise, or someone from your household does not eat it, then just replace it with sour cream, it also turns out very tasty.
- If you are using a metal mold, it is best to cover the bottom with parchment baking paper so that the chops do not burn.