Ingredients for Cooking Chicken Baked with Rice
- Chicken legs 1 kilogram (about 7 pieces)
- Onion 2 pieces (small size)
- Rice (dry) 2 cups
- Water 5 glasses
- Butter 1/2 small packet
- Seasoning to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Chicken, Rice
- Portion 6-7
Bakeware, pan, kitchen knife, plate, cutting board, hot pot holders, disposable paper towels.
Cooking chicken baked with rice:
Step 1: prepare the pic.
Fill two cups of dry rice in the baking dish (do not forget to rinse the cereals thoroughly beforehand).
Peel a couple of onions from the husks, rinse them with cold water and, cut into small cubes, sprinkle them on top of the rice groats.
Step 2: prepare the chicken.
Chicken must be thawed and well washed. Also, before laying the chicken on a pad of rice, remove the skin from the legs, otherwise it will be too greasy.
Step 3: prepare the fill.
Now move on to preparing the fill. Pour water into the pan first, then add the butter and all other necessary ingredients. Put on medium heat. Stirring all the time, cook until the butter has melted. You can not boil.
Step 4: bake chicken with rice.
Pour into the mold with chicken, rice and onions (if all the liquid does not immediately fit, just pour it during cooking, as it is absorbed into the rice and evaporates). Cover the mold and send everything to a well preheated 180-200 degrees oven on 1 hour. This time is enough for the rice to boil and the chicken legs to bake properly.
Step 5: serve the chicken baked with rice.
The chicken baked with rice is very tasty due to the filling in which it is cooked. Rice is also soaked with all these flavors and becomes a great addition. Serve this dish must be hot, you can season to taste with fresh herbs or add a couple of spoons of sour cream.
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of tomato paste, you can use peeled and blended tomatoes.
- You can cook other parts of the chicken in a similar way, for example, breast or even half of the bird.
- No cover? Then tightly seal the cooking pan with foil.