Ingredients for Fried Squid
- Squid peeled 250 grams
- Extra virgin olive oil optional
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Parsley to taste
- Chili pepper (cereal) to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pieces of white bread for serving
- Main ingredients
- Serving 2 servings
Frying pan, kitchen knife, spatula, spoon.
Cooking fried squid:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Squids must be unfrozen in advance (of course, fresh ones turn out tastier, but where to get them). Then rinse the carcasses inside and out with cold water, pat dry with paper towels and cut into rings about 0.5-0.7 centimeters.
Peel the cloves of garlic as well and cut them into thin slices. Rinse the greens and chop finely with a knife.
Step 2: fry the squid.
First heat the olive oil in a pan, toss the garlic into it and fry it over medium heat for 1 minutes. Next, send the squid rings, generously sprinkling them with chili peppers. Shuffle. And also, often stirring, fry the squid for 2-3 minutes.
Add chopped greens to the same skillet, mix and pour a couple more tablespoons of olive oil. Keep frying squids in oil for about another 2 minutes. The main thing here is not to overdo it, so that seafood does not become hard, a couple of minutes will be enough. At the very end, salt everything to taste and serve until cool.
Step 3: Serve the fried squid.
Arrange the fried squids on the serving plates, generously pouring the remaining oil in the pan. Be sure to supplement each serving with a couple of slices of white bread so that there is something to collect the fragrant butter sauce. Serve hot. Eats up instantly!
Enjoy your meal!
- Ciabatta and homemade ciabatta - delicious Italian bread, which can also be prepared in your kitchen, are perfect for fried squid.
- To easily remove the skin from raw squids, you need to pour carcasses over with boiling water, and then sharply transfer them to a plate with ice water. Then you just have to pull the squid skin slightly towards you and peel it off the meat like a film.