Ingredients for making pada tay
The main ingredients:
- Rice noodles 250 g
- Shrimp 200 g
- Tofu 100 g
- 4 cloves of garlic or to taste
- Shallot 3 pcs
- 2 eggs
- Mash bean seedlings 1 cup
- Green onions to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Chili sauce 2-3 tsp
For the sauce:
- Thai fish sauce 0.5 cups
- Palm sugar 1 cup
- Tamarind paste 1 cup
- Pure water 1 cup
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Onion, Garlic, Pasta
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Saucepan, Wok, Measuring cup, Knife, Cutting board, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Tablespoon, Colander, Teaspoon
Cooking Pad Pad Thai:
Step 1: Prepare the noodles.
Soak Rice Noodles in Cold Water First 30 to 40 minutes.
Step 2: Prepare the sauce.
Pour water, fish sauce, palm sugar and tamarind paste into a medium saucepan. We put the pan on a small fire and with constant stirring with a kitchen spatula or tablespoon, cook until the sugar is completely dissolved and the sauce thickens.
Step 3: Prepare vegetables, tofu, eggs and shrimp.
Peel shallots, rinse under running water, put on a cutting board and cut into small cubes. Then we shift to a clean plate.
We clear the cloves of garlic from the husk and grind it very finely on a cutting board.
Tofu cut into medium cubes about 1 cm.
We wash green onions under running water and cut feathers into 3-4 parts with an approximate length of 5 cm.
We wash the eggs under hot running water, break them into a cup or a deep plate and beat until smooth.
Most often, shrimps are already sold boiled and frozen, so we pour clean water into the pan, add salt, cover and put on a high fire. As soon as the water boils, put the shrimps and cook them over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Then we drain the water from the shrimp through a colander, and we clear the seafood from the shell, head, legs and tail. Everything, the shrimp are prepared and you can start frying.
Step 4: Fry the shrimp.
It’s best to use wok for our dish. So, pour 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil into it, put on a stove over high heat, add chopped garlic and with constant stirring, fry for a little less than a minute. Then add the peeled shrimp and fry them until light brown until 2 - 3 minutes. Then we transfer them to a clean plate.
Step 5: Cook the noodles.
Pour another 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil into the wok, spread the tofu and fry, stirring constantly, until golden brown for about 5 minutes. Then add the chopped shallots, fry for another 2 - 3 minutes and season with chili sauce to taste.
Drain the water through a colander and transfer it to a wok. Mix thoroughly with the ingredients and cook for 2 minutes until soft.
Now we shift the noodles with vegetables to the edge, and to the vacant place, add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and pour the beaten eggs. Fry the egg pancake until cooked, then grind it into small pieces of arbitrary shape with a kitchen spatula.
Stir the noodles again and return the shrimp back to the wok.
Step 6: Season the dish with sauce.
We season our dish with the prepared sauce, mix thoroughly and taste it. The noodles should become soft, if it has not softened, then add another 2 tablespoons of pure water to the wok and bring to full readiness.
The final touch - we spread bean sprouts and green onions to the noodles. Having finally mixed, turn off the fire on the stove. We look forward to when they soften a bit and can be served.
Step 7: Serve Pad Thai.
The dish is served hot immediately after cooking. Pad thai is often complemented with peanuts, fresh herbs and garnished with lime slices. Our whole Thai dish is ready!
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of shrimp in pad thai, you can add chicken fillet or pork.
- If you replace the green onions with the feathers of garlic, the dish will turn out tastier and more aromatic.
- Pad Thai can be supplemented with various ingredients to your taste: dried shrimp, carrots, sweet pickled radishes, sesame seeds, ginger root, as well as any mix of seafood.
- If you have the opportunity to better buy chilled or frozen, but raw shrimp. They need to be soaked in salt water, for this 1/4 cup salt pour 1 cup boiling water, mix to dissolve the salt. Then we add 5 more glasses of cold water, mix and pour the peeled raw shrimp. Leave them to soak in salt, cold water for 30 minutes. Then we drain the water, wipe with napkins and you can fry until fully cooked according to the recipe.