Ingredients for cooking eggplant in oil
- Eggplant 1 kg
- Salt 4 tablespoons (large)
- Water 750 milliliters
- Vinegar 9% 350 milliliters
- Garlic 1 head
- Parsley bunch
- Sun-dried tomatoes for color
- Olive oil 400 milliliters
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
Colander, pan, cans, spatula, kitchen knife, cutting board.
Cooking eggplant in oil:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Rinse greens and eggplant very well. Peel the garlic.
Peel the eggplant and cut the green ponytails.
Step 2: prepare the eggplant.
Cut the eggplant into small sticks about the thickness of a finger. The main thing is not to grind so that the vegetables do not break up later.
Mix eggplant with salt and place on 4-6 hoursso that as much fluid as possible is released from them.
Squeeze out the salted eggplant, and then send them to stew in boiling marinade from water and vinegar. Boil vegetables for 3 minutes, and then throw it in a colander and let the eggplants cool and drain with excess water. Then send the eggplant under a small press on 1 nightto wring out. If you reap them by hand, you can simply crush the pieces.
Then mix the eggplant with chopped garlic and chopped herbs.
Step 3: pickle the eggplant in oil.
Put the prepared eggplants in sterilized jars, crushing them lightly with a spoon and alternating with dried tomatoes.
Pour the vegetables to the top with olive oil, close the lids tightly and store them in the refrigerator.
You can try it in a couple of weeks.
Step 4: serve the eggplant in oil.
Eggplant in butter is served on the table chilled as a cold appetizer or side dish, and just with bread is also very tasty. Be sure to try it!
Enjoy your meal!
- With this amount of ingredients, you will be able to fill 5 cans of 150 milliliters each.
- Perhaps in the process of pickling you will notice that the oil in the jar will become smaller, the eggplants will absorb it, but if you salted them well and squeezed out, the vegetables will absorb much less oil.