Ingredients for making cabbage stuffed with Beijing cabbage with vegetables
- Peking cabbage 1 head (or 10 large leaves)
- Onions 3 pieces (large)
- Carrots 2-3 pieces (large)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil (for frying) 5-6 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Cabbage, Onion, Carrot
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Paper kitchen towels, Deep pan, Stove, Knife, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Grater, Deep plate - 2 pieces, Skimmer, Deep bowl, Frying pan, Tablespoon, Bowl, Kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, Plate
Cooking cabbage rolls from Beijing cabbage with vegetables:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, put on a medium fire a deep pan filled halfway with ordinary running water, and bring the liquid to a boil. In the meantime, peel onions and carrots. Then we wash them with Beijing cabbage under a stream of cold water and dry the vegetables with paper kitchen towels. Next, cut off at the base of a head of cabbage 2 - 3 centimeters and separate from it 10 the biggest leaves.
The remaining vegetables are laid out in turn on a cutting board and chopped. Onions cut into medium cubes or half rings thick up to 5 millimeters, and rub the carrots on a coarse grater and lay out the slices in separate deep plates. We also put salt, black pepper and vegetable oil on the kitchen table.
Step 2: Blanch the Chinese cabbage.
After the water boils, reduce the heat to a small level, put the leaves of Beijing cabbage in a saucepan and blanch them literally 2 - 3 minutes.
Then, with the help of a slotted spoon, we transfer the leaves to a deep bowl and leave them in it until they cool completely, and during this time we prepare the filling.
Step 3: prepare the filling.
We put the pan on medium heat and pour 2 - 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into it. After a couple of minutes, dip the onions and carrots in the heated oil.
Season them to taste with salt, black pepper and fry for a couple of minutes. At this stage of cooking, it is not necessary to bring the vegetables to full readiness;
Then we shift the filling into a bowl and cool it to room temperature. We wash the pan and dry it with paper towels - it will come in handy!
Step 4: forming cabbage rolls.
When all the components of the dish have cooled, take 1 leaf of cabbage, put on a cutting board, spread a tablespoon of the filling on its wide edge and roll the cabbage roll in the usual way. Then we transfer it to a large flat dish and in the same way we form the remaining cabbage rolls.
Step 5: bring the dish to full readiness.
Again, put on a medium heat a clean frying pan and pour the remaining vegetable oil into it. After it warms up, gently lower the formed cabbage rolls to the bottom of the pan and fry them to the desired brownness on both sides, periodically turning two kitchen shovels from side to side.
Then we spread the aromatic dish in portions on plates and serve.
Step 6: serve cabbage rolls with vegetables.
Chinese cabbage stuffed with vegetables served hot as a vegetarian dish or as a side dish for fish, meat and poultry dishes. They can be served with sour cream, tomato or cream sauces. Also, each serving of cabbage rolls can be sprinkled with chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or green onions. Enjoy delicious, wholesome and simple food!
Enjoy your meal!
- Very often, the filling is supplemented with fried mushrooms, salad pepper, blanched and finely chopped tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, boiled rice or buckwheat.
- A set of spices can be supplemented with spices such as allspice, marjoram, caraway seeds, nutmeg, dried garlic or ginger.
- For frying, it is advisable to use refined vegetable oil, which does not have a strong aroma.
- At will, the formed cabbage rolls can be stewed in a small amount of sour cream, cream or water, but do not forget that the filling with cabbage underwent heat treatment. Therefore, stew is on low heat for no more than 10 minutes.