Ingredients for Cooking Salted Boiled Lard
- Fresh pork lard (with meat cut, undercuts can be) 1-1.5 kilograms
- Purified water 1 liter
- Salt 1/2 cup
- Garlic 7-8 Prongs
- Laurel leaf 3-4 pieces
- Black peppercorns 15 pieces
- Onion husk 1 handful
- A mixture of spices for lard to taste
- Main ingredients: Lard, Garlic
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
Measuring cup (for water), Stove, Deep pan with a lid (3 liter capacity), Scraper or metal kitchen brush, Garlic press, Bowl, Tablespoon, Plastic wrap or bag, Refrigerator, Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Plate
Cooking salted boiled lard:
Step 1: prepare and cook lard.
First of all, pour a liter of purified water into a deep pan and put onion husks, a bay leaf, and salt and peppercorns. We put it on medium heat and bring the liquid to a boil. Meanwhile, we wash under a stream of cold running water a fresh piece of meat of pork lard, while using a scraper or a metal kitchen brush, we clean the top layer of the skin from any kind of dirt.
After some time, we send the undercoats to boiled water, reduce the heat to a small level and cook it 10-15 minutes. Then turn off the stove and cool the brine with lard to room temperature. After that, cover the pan with a lid and insist its contents in the refrigerator 24 hours.
Step 2: bring the dish to full readiness.
After the desired time, that is, after 24 hours, peel the garlic cloves and squeeze them through a press into a small bowl. There we add a mixture of spices to taste and mix them with a tablespoon until a homogeneous gruel.
Then we take the fat out of the brine, dip it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board, rub it on all sides with a garlic-spicy mixture, wrap it in plastic wrap, foil or bag and send it to the refrigerator again 24 hours.
Step 3: serve salted boiled lard.
Salted cooked lard is served chilled.
After it has been brewed the next day in the refrigerator, the aromatic product is cut into thin layers, laid out on a small plate and served with other goodies, for example, a salad of fresh vegetables, jacket potatoes and a black bread!
Enjoy your meal!
- if desired, lard can be cooked for 1 hour, then immediately roll in garlic-spicy mixture and send to the refrigerator for 24 hours;
- a mixture of spices for lard consists of such herbs and spices: ground chili pepper, garlic powder, ground black pepper, ground red paprika, chopped dried garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin. You can mix it yourself or buy a ready-made one;
- if the water boils quickly during cooking, add a little more so that it completely covers the lard and is a couple of centimeters higher than its level;
- It is better to store ready-made lard in the freezer!