Ingredients for Canned Pink Salmon Soup
- Canned pink salmon 1 can
- Long grain rice 2-3 tablespoons
- Medium size potato 3 pieces
- 1 medium onion
- Small carrot 1 piece
- Large bay leaf 1 piece
- Black pepper or sweet pea 2-3 pieces
- Pure cold cold water 1.5-2 liters
- Fresh dill to taste
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients: Pink Salmon, Potato, Onion, Carrot
- Serving 6 servings
Cooker, Cutting board, Knife, Medium saucepan with a lid, Coarse grater, Plate - 2 pieces, Small bowl, Can opener, Sieve, Saucer, Scoop, Deep dishes for serving, Tablespoon
Cooking canned pink salmon soup:
Step 1: prepare the carrots.
Using a knife, peel the carrots and rinse thoroughly under running water. Now, using a coarse grater, we rub the component directly on the cutting board. Then pour the carrot chips into a clean plate and leave it aside for a while.
Step 2: prepare the onion.
With a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running water. We lay out the component on a cutting board and finely chop it with squares. Pour the chopped onion into a free plate.
Step 3: prepare the potatoes.
Using a knife, peel the potatoes and rinse well under running water. We spread the vegetable on a cutting board and cut into small pieces. The crushed component is transferred to a small bowl and filled with ordinary cold water so that the liquid completely covers the potatoes. This must be done so that it does not darken when interacting with air.
Step 4: prepare canned pink salmon.
Using a can opener, open a can of canned pink salmon. Attention: we don’t pour the fish broth, as we will add it to the soup. Now gently spread with a tablespoon pieces of fish on a cutting board and cut with a knife into several parts. Important: it is not necessary to grind the component strongly so that we do not get porridge during the preparation of the dish. You can also chop pink salmon right in the jar without spreading it on a flat surface.
Step 5: prepare the pic.
Pour rice into a sieve and rinse thoroughly under running water until the liquid becomes clear. After that we set the tank aside. This must be done so that excess water is present from the glass component.
Step 6: prepare the greens.
We wash the parsley with dill under running water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and pour into a free saucer. Attention: soup can be prepared without these ingredients. I usually add dill, then the dish turns out with a pleasant aroma, like an ear.
Step 7: prepare canned pink salmon soup.
Pour clean cold water into a saucepan and set on medium heat. To quickly boil the liquid, cover the container with a lid. Immediately after that, slightly reduce the heat and gently pour the fish broth into the pan and taste the salt. Now pour the washed rice, mix everything well with a tablespoon and cook the soup for 10 minutes.
After the allotted time, add chopped onions, potatoes, carrot chips, as well as bay leaves and peppercorns to the pan. We continue to cook the dish until the vegetables are soft. 10 minutes.
Then put the pink salmon slices in the container and pour 2/3 chopped greens. Cook soup 5 more minutes and then turn off the burner.
Step 8: serve canned pink salmon soup.
Pour the soup from canned pink salmon into the deep plates using a scoop and decorate with a small amount of the remaining greens. Serve to the dining table with pieces of bread or crackers.
- To make the soup tasty and safe, it is necessary, first of all, to choose high-quality canned food. Therefore, important rules when buying this product are: the choice of place of production, date and composition. Try to buy canned goods that are made in the catch areas of this type of fish, for example, the Far East, Kamchatka, the Kuril Islands or the Khabarovsk Territory. In such months as July, August and September, there is a zealous fishing, therefore, buying canned food on these days, you will be one hundred percent sure that pink salmon is really fresh and of high quality. The composition of the product should include only salt and fish;
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can add any others to your taste in the soup. For example, it may be a mixture of bell peppers or special seasonings for fish;
- for juicy acidity, each in a plate can be put on a slice of lemon.