Ingredients for making compote from apples with oranges
- Purified water 2 liters
- Orange 330 grams
- Apple 300 grams
- Sugar 7 tablespoons or to taste
- Ground ginger, dry 1 gram or to taste and desire
- Main Ingredients: Orange, Apple
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup for water, kitchen scales, kitchen knife, cutting board - 2 pieces, stove, pan with a lid (capacity 3 liters), tablespoon, wooden kitchen spoon, ladle, glass, cup or other utensils for serving.
Making compote from apples with oranges:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, prepare the fruits, wash the apples under cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, cut each into 2 halves with a sharp kitchen knife, remove the seed core and the stem from them. After that, if desired, remove the skin from the fruit and cut parts of the apples into slices or slices of any shape 1 cm thick.
Peel the oranges so that no white fibers remain on the pulp, put the citrus on a clean chopping board and cut into rings, half rings, cubes, or simply disassemble it into slices. We also put on the kitchen table the remaining ingredients that will be needed to make the compote, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare a compote of apples with oranges.
We put a pot of purified water on medium heat and bring it to a boil. As soon as the liquid starts bubbling, pour sugar into it and wait 2-3 minutesuntil it dissolves. Then we send sliced apples and oranges to the pan. Bring everything to a boil again and cook the compote 4-5 minutes. Then we add dried ground ginger to it using a wooden spoon, mix everything to a homogeneous consistency and turn off the stove. We cover the pan with a lid so that a small gap remains, and let the compote brew 30-40 minutes. After that, you can taste the drink or put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and only then serve it.
Step 3: serve stewed apples with oranges.
Stewed apples and oranges are served warm or chilled or at room temperature. With the help of a ladle, it is poured into glasses or bowls and, if desired, sent to each of several pieces of boiled fruit, and a teaspoon is placed next to it so that it is convenient to savor this yummy! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of dried ground ginger, you can use about 20 grams of fresh, chopped on a fine grater, but it must be put in a pan a minute before the compote is cooked;
- very often, instead of ginger, cinnamon or vanilla sugar is added to the drink;
- in the same way you can cook apple compote with any citruses: tangerines, lemon, lime, grapefruit, but in this case, the amount of sugar should be regulated depending on the acidity of the fruit;
- if desired, the brewed drink can be filtered through a sieve, and boiled fruit served on a separate plate, disposed of or used as a filling for butter or shortbread.